• POINT BREAK

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • THE TOWN

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters
Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
The town and it's not very close tbh. The town and Heat are probably the two best heist movies ever. The town had a lights out performance by Jeremy Renner, probably his best ever, and peak afleck, and a sinister performsnce by The Florist. There are way more memorable, and not in an ironic or campy way, scenes in the town than in Point Break.

Fast and Furious one is basically point break with Cara and is nearly as good.

Heat > all of them, fwiw

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Being from So Cal, Point Break is just so iconic, and watching this on TBS in like 1995 or something, it was a classic among all the kids, everyone knew this movie.

The direction is maybe Bigelow's best. From the score, to the way she captured LA beach areas, the shots of the beach night. Has that very authentic 90's movies feel.

The Town is a classic too, no doubt. Leans more into the romance, but both feature ill fated romances with the woman who can't know your secret, though this one is actually reversed. Afflecks direction is very very good. Not quite as brooding or as deep as Heat. It sands a few edges that Heat doesn't.

probably give the nod to Point Break for visual style, the setting, and the chase scene, which is maybe the best ever filmed. The romance felt a little more passionate, a little more lived in. The shots of the desert. the bank robbery scenes. The Town was adapted from a 400 page novel, which is kinda felt when you watch, it skims a lot of material.

Heat is on a different level.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
The town and it's not very close tbh. The town and Heat are probably the two best heist movies ever. The town had a lights out performance by Jeremy Renner, probably his best ever, and peak afleck, and a sinister performsnce by The Florist. There are way more memorable, and not in an ironic or campy way, scenes in the town than in Point Break.

Fast and Furious one is basically point break with Cara and is nearly as good.

Heat > all of them, fwiw

What do you think about Swayze performance?

Fast and the furious was literally an adaptation of point break.....so I get that but I don't know how thats a slight to point break?

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
What do you think about Swayze performance?

Fast and the furious was literally an adaptation of point break.....so I get that but I don't know how thats a slight to point break?
I'd say i'd put his performance below Renner, Afleck, Pete Postlethwaite, but better than John Hamm and I like Hamm's performance

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Being from So Cal, Point Break is just so iconic, and watching this on TBS in like 1995 or something, it was a classic among all the kids, everyone knew this movie.

The direction is maybe Bigelow's best. From the score, to the way she captured LA beach areas, the shots of the beach night. Has that very authentic 90's movies feel.

The Town is a classic too, no doubt. Leans more into the romance, but both feature ill fated romances with the woman who can't know your secret, though this one is actually reversed. Afflecks direction is very very good. Not quite as brooding or as deep as Heat. It sands a few edges that Heat doesn't.

probably give the nod to Point Break for visual style, the setting, and the chase scene, which is maybe the best ever filmed. The romance felt a little more passionate, a little more lived in. The shots of the desert. the bank robbery scenes. The Town was adapted from a 400 page novel, which is kinda felt when you watch, it skims a lot of material.

Heat is on a different level.

I didn't know the town was based off a novel. The one main difference between the two I find is the pacing. I get what you're saying about the town and the skimming part.

You're right tho the romantic elements are on totally different sides of the spectrum.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
It's tough... I think 'The Town' is a better written movie and Renner was tremendous. They really captured the shytty white neighborhoods of Boston well.

But here's why I voted for 'Point Break' instead. It also has a great performance from Swayze and captures the Pacific quite beautifully but I just feel with him and Keanu the chemistry there with the characters is off the charts and it leads to the movie being more rewatchable...

The Claire parts in 'The Town' take me out...

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I'd say i'd put his performance below Renner, Afleck, Pete Postlethwaite, but better than John Hamm and I like Hamm's performance

Renner really came thru....afleck did his thing 2.

That classic gary busey tho

point-break-keanu-reeves-gary-busey-914khxfsixyvxgtb.gif

:russ:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
It's tough... I think 'The Town' is a better written movie and Renner was tremendous. They really captured the shytty white neighborhoods of Boston well.

But here's why I voted for 'Point Break' instead. It also has a great performance from Swayze and captures the Pacific quite beautifully but I just feel with him and Keanu the chemistry there with the characters is off the charts and it leads to the movie being more rewatchable...

The Claire parts in 'The Town' take me out...

Yea they really captured that Boston creh culture. It was dark and hopeless.

Point break focused on the west coast bruh culture. it was more buck the system we're cowboys on the final frontier.