Batman Forever "The Story Behind the surprise hit nobody really wanted"

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Batman Forever blessed us with the greatest Jim Carrey story ever though:russ:

movies_batman_forever_tommy_lee_jones_jim_carrey.jpg

"I was really looking forward to working with Tommy because he was a fantastic actor, and he still is. I love him. I mean, he's amazing. But he was a little crusty…I think he was just a little freaked out because Dumb and Dumber had come out on the same weekend as Cobb, and Cobb was his big swing for the fences--pardon the pun. And that didn't work out, and it freaked him out. I think it made him--I walked into a restaurant the night before our big scene in the Riddler's lair and the maître d said, 'You're working with Tommy Lee Jones, aren't you?' I said, 'I am.' He said, 'He's in the back corner.' I said, 'Oh, great. I'll go say hello.' And I went up to say hi and the blood drained from his face in such a way that I realized that I had become the face of his pain or something. And he got kind of shaking and hugged me and said, 'I hate you. I really don't like you.' And I was like, 'Wow, okay, what's going on, man?' And he said, 'I cannot sanction your buffoonery.'"

_1414594978.gif

lyzkODo.gif

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Batman Forever blessed us with the greatest Jim Carrey story ever though:russ:

movies_batman_forever_tommy_lee_jones_jim_carrey.jpg

"I was really looking forward to working with Tommy because he was a fantastic actor, and he still is. I love him. I mean, he's amazing. But he was a little crusty…I think he was just a little freaked out because Dumb and Dumber had come out on the same weekend as Cobb, and Cobb was his big swing for the fences--pardon the pun. And that didn't work out, and it freaked him out. I think it made him--I walked into a restaurant the night before our big scene in the Riddler's lair and the maître d said, 'You're working with Tommy Lee Jones, aren't you?' I said, 'I am.' He said, 'He's in the back corner.' I said, 'Oh, great. I'll go say hello.' And I went up to say hi and the blood drained from his face in such a way that I realized that I had become the face of his pain or something. And he got kind of shaking and hugged me and said, 'I hate you. I really don't like you.' And I was like, 'Wow, okay, what's going on, man?' And he said, 'I cannot sanction your buffoonery.'"

_1414594978.gif

You have a link to validate this story?

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina

RAX 010

NYG LWO Mets
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
EAST✈WEST
and I'm not sure the audience, was in a frame of mind to go too dark with Batman at that time. It's interesting how our culture has changed. How the socioeconomic, political culture makes it absolutely palatable to see Chris[Nolan]'s Batman — for instance, The Dark Knight Rises, which is such a comment on exactly what's happening. You might be able to track that on all the movies. Maybe Batman is one of those things like pi. It's the center of the universe.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I remember watching a TLJ interview on GMA back in 1995 where he said that his son talked him into playing Two Face. It was the first time I remember hearing an actor say that he didn't want a part and thinking ":what: Why wouldn't anyone want to play a Bat villain?"

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I remember watching a TLJ interview on GMA back in 1995 where he said that his son talked him into playing Two Face. It was the first time I remember hearing an actor say that he didn't want a part and thinking ":what: Why wouldn't anyone want to play a Bat villain?"

Then you saw the movie and it hit you