Barry (The Best Show You’re Not Watching)

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Barry is THAT show on TV right now.

Acting all around had been solid. The casting has been absolutely spot on.

Side Note: Sally is fckin crazy. Like batshyt insane.

I bet that coochie fire though :wow:

My man Barry got lost in the sauce. Crazy joints be having that snapper :wow:

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Sally: *pours her heart out about her insecurities and frustration over not landing a big audition*

Barry: "Hey Ike, ya shyt bird, you want a little piiiieeeeee???!!"

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

This is one of the GOAT shows for me already. I legit tensed up during that final scene. Perfect balance of comedy and drama.

Last edited:

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
Started the series a few days ago and now I'm caught up.

I got some things I want to say

First: :wow: this is making up for game of thrones as to why I have a subscription. This is why hbo the goat when they produce quality like this.

Second: to compare it to game of thrones again, nothing is similar at all. But I'm just thinking about the budget game of thrones got compared to this series. Like game of thrones probably doing 15 mil per episode meanwhile Barry budget probably like 3 mil. Yet I'm invested in the latter.

Third, the acting in this is phenomenal. There are to many scenes in this series that makes me appreciate great acting so much more. Like the scene where Barry is remembering how he killed his marine buddy before dropping his one liner in that shakesphere play. Or when oh girl ex husband is introduced and then zoom in into Barrys reaction. The look on his face had me believing the actor was legit angry. You got to be at the top of your game to do the shyt these characters do. It's like they aren't playing characters but it's all just them being who they would be in real life. Great casting

Foruth, the balance of dark comedy and drama is fukking beautiful. I don't know how they do it but I could be super tense or emotional after a scene just to have a giant ass funny moment to occur after and then it goes back to intense. It's crazy how they do it.

For example, after Barry does that one liner. His teacher walks in to congratulate him but Barry snaps and punches a bunch of pictures and is screaming. That entire scene was intense until the teacher gave his response ,"I'll guess I will give you more time" shyt was funny as fukk and we have like a 30 second comedy interaction and then it goes back to being intense. Great mix.

Fifth, Barry is like the hbo Dexter for me. Both dudes who are pieces of shyt if you really focus at the topic, are still likeable and at some points can feel like a good person until they remind you that they murder.

And finally

This series has to be careful. I feel like this story's plot can go off the deep rails like a Dexter or walking dead type shyt. Every thing is going fine so there is no need to rush and do some fan pleasing shyt just to produce more content.

Like I feel even though this show is amszing. Its so easy for a story like this to age like milk just because they extend this series to a shyt ton of seasons.

I applaud them for having outcomes that lead to twist in keeping Barry a secret

Like the only problem with the series is the logic over how no one from his group or anyone besides cops realized who Barry truly is. Barry comes into their lives and all this murder and violence comes into their life and none of them can connect the dots?

Like after next week episode I don't know how Barry just gonna keep getting out of situations like this without the writers insulting our intelligence

Grst show