*barking dogs* All I Need Is One Quarterback:2016 Ohio State Buckeyes Prove We Are Stillmatic Thread

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
Everyone complains that we can't land an elite defensive tackle in recruiting but the same is true about quarterback. You would think Urban Meyer would be able to land 5 star quarterbacks but so far at Ohio State has yet to do so. Stephen Collier, Joe Burrows, and Danny Clark are nowhere near elite national recruits and it looks like we are going to be shut out entirely at quarterback for the 2016 class. We could be in big trouble once JT Barrett graduates.
Burrows and Clark are 4* recruits, and don't forget we got a near 5* in Gibson before he wanted to move to WR last year (likely to stay at WR but we'll see).

Plus, we're still likely to land Haskins in the coming days/week(s) and he's one of the best in this class.

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
Everyone complains that we can't land an elite defensive tackle in recruiting but the same is true about quarterback. You would think Urban Meyer would be able to land 5 star quarterbacks but so far at Ohio State has yet to do so. Stephen Collier, Joe Burrows, and Danny Clark are nowhere near elite national recruits and it looks like we are going to be shut out entirely at quarterback for the 2016 class. We could be in big trouble once JT Barrett graduates.
Qb is not a worry, actually the only qb Urban has taken a chance on was Collier. Urban said ge earned a scholarship because he worked on everything he asked him to improve on during camps and visits. We'll be fine.

KRiLL (+)

Yo! Ho! Ho!
Daps
Reppin
Straw Hat Pirates
:ohhh:

this is bizarre but i totally understand the voters mindset with Coach Tress & Urban. Ohio State is the top dog so when we win the B1G it's expected so why would you reward the best coach for coaching at a high level every season?

2012 season was bullshyt tho, we went 6-7 the previous season then Urban comes and 12-0 undefeated season...

smitty22

Supporter
Daps

this is bizarre but i totally understand the voters mindset with Coach Tress & Urban. Ohio State is the top dog so when we win the B1G it's expected so why would you reward the best coach for coaching at a high level every season?

2012 season was bullshyt tho, we went 6-7 the previous season then Urban comes and 12-0 undefeated season...

Even 2015 that squad wasnt suppose to win the chip, they have it to coach Keel that year

MustafaSTL

Daps

Biggest joke of an award. It's just the Kirk Ferentz (however it's spelled) award now. OSU went undefeated in the regular season in 02, 06, 12, and 13 and Tress/Urb couldn't win it. It's a running joke with Buckeye fans at this point.

Spanky 6000

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ohio
Burrows and Clark are 4* recruits, and don't forget we got a near 5* in Gibson before he wanted to move to WR last year (likely to stay at WR but we'll see).

Plus, we're still likely to land Haskins in the coming days/week(s) and he's one of the best in this class.

None of those quarterbacks were national type recruits with offer from other big time programs. Joe Burrows played well decent in the one high school game I saw him play. He might have potential. But have you seen Danny Clark play? He looks unimpressive in all the games I have seen and I think OSU might have offered him too early because he doesn't seem like he has developed much in the past couple years.

If we don't get Dwayne Haskins we are screwed.

Last edited:

smitty22

Supporter
Daps
No. 10 CB Jordan Fuller recaps Ohio State visit, Urban Meyer meeting
234179.jpg

BRIAN DOHN
11:22 AM
No. 10 cornerback Jordan Fuller highlights the keys to his Ohio State visit, including bonding with the players and speaking with the coaching staff.

Cornerback Jordan Fuller already knew about Ohio State's coaching staff and academic reputation, so his official visit was more about getting around the players.

He was hosted by freshman Justin Hilliard, and was able to spend a lot of time with the current Buckeyes.

"They're cool," said the 6-foot-1 1/2, 197-pound Fuller. "I never really got to hang with them before, so this is the first time. I like them a lot. They're good guys."

Fuller, the No. 10 cornerback in the class from Northern Valley (N.J.) Old Tappan, said he had two major takeaways from the visit.

"Really just getting around the guys," Fuller said. "I pretty much knew everything else. Really getting around the guys was good. That was a big thing.

"Also, my mom was there. It was her first time there and it was really good for her to see everything and talk to all the coaches and stuff like that."

Fuller made an official visit to Notre Dame last month and will be at Michigan next weekend. He is also contemplating a Penn State trip and will announce clsoe to signing day.

Another key part of his visit to Ohio State was meeting with new defensive coordinator Greg Schiano. When he was head coach at Rutgers, Schiano recruited Fuller's brother, Devin Fuller before he left the Scarlet Knights to become head coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

"We met with him as a family and then we went over some football stuff," Fuller said. "He coached me up as a corner, looking at down and distance and how you can ge the advantage by what the offense is going to do in those situations. I really learned a lot there. I definitely know he knows what he is talking about. He's a good coach."

Overall, Fuller said the experience of the official visit left a lasting impression.

"The whole thing was very good," he said. "We did the whole campus tour, chilled with the players, ate a lot, obviously. Every official is like that. We met with coach Meyer a little bit, and just talked. We went over academics and stuff like that.

"The second day was more football-based. We met with coach Meyer, we got the presentation from the strength staff, we toured the weight room and all the facilities."

smitty22

Supporter
Daps
Article on Lawerence visit to LSU this weekend. Friday he'll announce. :lupe:, also it looks like Haskins will have some news tomorrow, either a official decommit from the Terps or maybe a flip to us :ahh:.

Miles takes Lawrence into Tiger Stadium

6_3493893.jpg

(Photo: 247Sports)
LSU is pressing to keep five-star defensive tackle Rashard Lawrencehome for college, and Louisiana's No. 1 overall prospect spent the weekend in Baton Rouge with family on his official visit with the Tigers.

The main competition for Lawrence is now Ohio State, and the Neville High standout welcomed both coaching staffs for in-home visits last week before he made the drive to Baton Rouge. Both schools are expected to visit in-home with Lawrence and his family in Monroe again this week before he announces his decision.

Lawrence is scheduled to make his commitment on Friday at 10:30 a.m. CT from Neville High, with the Buckeyes and Tigers as the lone two finalists for the nation's No. 5 defensive tackle prospect.

Spanky 6000

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ohio
I think we get Fuller for sure, 50/50 on Hamlin, and no chance at Lawrence.

I am worried that the poor DT recruiting is going to hurt our chances to compete for a national championship in the next few years. The reason Clemson and Alabama played for the national championship this year was primarily because of their dominant DL's.

MustafaSTL

Daps
I think we get Fuller for sure, 50/50 on Hamlin, and no chance at Lawrence.

I am worried that the poor DT recruiting is going to hurt our chances to compete for a national championship in the next few years. The reason Clemson and Alabama played for the national championship this year was primarily because of their dominant DL's.
Still have Barrow, Bosa, and Cooper in this class no matter what.