Barbie Live Action Movie Thread for HUNKS and HOTTIES - 8 Oscar noms

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Watched this movie last night. I give it a matinee rating. Definitely a polarizing film. I can see why people think the movie is ight or love it.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Caught the digital. 7.5/10.

It was funny throughout but for some reason it toed the line between black comedy and satire without committing to either. So when some of the more campy stuff happens I wasn't sure to take it at face value or not.

The dramatic scenes were all great which makes me think Greta had more to give here but I dunno.

Margot is great. She plays these charming protagonist characters better than anyone right now. Gosling was good but not as much as people were hyping.

Worth a rewatch for me somewhere down the line.

Honestly, WB should have just let Greta do The Matrix 4, cause this was a better take on the concept from Resurrections:pachaha:

Last edited:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Caught the digital. 7.5/10.

It was funny throughout but for some reason it toed the line between black comedy and satire without committing to either. So when some of the more campy stuff happens I wasn't sure to take it at face value or not.

The dramatic scenes were all great which makes me think Greta had more to give here but I dunno.

Margot is great. She plays these charming protagonist characters better than anyone right now. Gosling was good but not as much as people were hyping.

Worth a rewatch for me somewhere down the line.

Honestly, WB should have just let Greta do The Matrix 4, cause this was a better take on the concept from Resurrections:pachaha:
well said
That's pretty much what this is.
I predicted the plot would be something like this a few months back

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Watched it again at home last night. Great movie. Obviously perfect for the times we are in, marketing aside, it highlighted the topics we argue about on here (and everywhere) on a daily basis. It also didn't drag itself down on those topics and still made it fun and relatable for a lot of people. Cast all did their thing. Writing was clever, whole thing looked amazing.

The last line is hilarious but I don't think they stuck the landing, otherwise no real complaints. The Mattel suits thing was a little tongue in cheek, but I enjoyed it

Opp was a better movie for me, but this is will be considered a mainstream classic I think