Bandai Namco Summer Showcase 7/1/23 4:30pt/7:30est

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
they gotta stop making anime games with the same exact formula. Storm, Demon Slayer, My Hero Academia, and now JuJutsu Kaisen. All games are the same just with different characters. Zero creativity
I wish they'd spend a few years working on games for finished animes like fullmetal alchemist or cowboy bebop

Could do something different for once and actually flesh out a game other than a 3d arena fighter

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I wish they'd spend a few years working on games for finished animes like fullmetal alchemist or cowboy bebop

Could do something different for once and actually flesh out a game other than a 3d arena fighter

Probably not worth it. For them game development is cheap, they are mostly just making AA games that cater specifically to anime fans that they’ll know that’ll show up. Its like madden or 2k, they are just catering to their niche anime audience.

I’m pretty sure Bandai Namco was also struggling a bit outside of elden ring saving them last year. I don’t really think they can afford to take on bigger projects unless they have an outside investor taking on financial costs like what Sony is doing with SE.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps

yep, exactly. It's just tired at this point