Bad Monkey | Vince Vaughn | Bill Lawrence show crime comedy

Uncle Baby Billy

All Star
Daps
Read the two books about this character and they were funny as fukk! Looking forward to this!

Apple TV+ is ready to let Bad Monkey out of its cage.

Three years after the Vince Vaughn vehicle was handed a series order, Bad Monkey will see the light of day when its first two episodes arrive on Aug. 14. New episodes will then follow every Wednesday, through Oct. 9.

Based on Carl Hiaasen’s best-selling novel of the same name, the 10-episode comedy centers on Vaughn’s Andrew Yancy, “who has been bounced from the Miami Police department and is now a health inspector in the Keys,” according to the official logline. “But after stumbling upon a case that begins with a human arm fished up by tourists, he realizes that if he can prove murder, he’ll be back in. He just needs to get past a trove of Floridian oddballs… and one bad monkey.”

In the series’ newly released trailer (watch it embedded above), we catch our first glimpse of Vaughn’s Andrew as he lands in Florida to begin his investigation. While the victim’s widow (Meredith Hagner) seems incredibly suspicious, her oddities don’t even scratch the surface of weird that Andrew’s about to encounter. Enter a “Dragon Queen,” a robed, slacker version of Zach Braff and of course, that titular misbehaved monkey.

Vaughn executive-produces alongside Bill Lawrence (Ted Lasso, Shrinking). The cast includes L. Scott Caldwell (Insecure), Rob Delaney (Catastrophe), Hagner (Search Party), Natalie Martinez (Ordinary Joe), Alex Moffat (Saturday Night Live), Michelle Monaghan (Echoes), Ronald Peet (Partner Track) and Jodie Turner-Smith (The Last Ship), and special guest star John Ortiz (Will Trent).

Additional guest stars include the aforementioned Braff (Scrubs) and Lawrence’s daughter, Charlotte Lawrence, in her TV debut.

Uncle Baby Billy

All Star
Daps
They are really heavily telegraphing the truth.
The bad guy cut off his own arm and faked his death to continue living with his wife on the Island.
That's why they hide his arm all the time as the "lover" - Poncho, Jacuzzi, Bath, etc

We Ready

The Malarkey Cutter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
I watched the first two episodes yesterday.

I like it. Found myself wanting to watch the next one right away.

Wish there was more discussion about it.

"fukknuts" is annoying me though.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
watched the first 2 episodes

didn’t hate it

It not funny but im interested to see where the story goes although im pretty sure dude is still alive

Daps
I watched the first two episodes and thought it was OK. This doesn't seem like anything special. Vaughn is doing what he always does which is cool but after the first 2 episodes I am not really feeling an additional 8 to wrap up this story. If this was about 6 I think I would feel better. I read the book about 8 years ago but I don't remember much about it.
Oh yeah I almost forgot that I am really not feeling the narration. There seems to be something off about it. Maybe it is the guy's voice.