Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
220px-Bad_Boys_Ride_or_Die_%282024%29_poster.jpg

5/5 STARS GRADE = A

Heavy Spoilers below

Well they knocked it out the park with this one. First being the 4th film in the franchise. It’s hard to bring something fresh and new. “Star Wars Episode I”, “Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skulls”, “Live Free or Die Hard”, “Lethal Weapon 4”, "Alien: Resurrection", “Jurassic World”, “Matrix Resurrections”, “Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol”, “Rambo”, “Mad Max: Fury Ford”, “Avengers: Endgame”, "John Wick 4", just to name a few. All of these 4th Films have their fans but they also have detractors alike. With “Bad Boys: Ride or Die” they walked the fine line of Nostalgia while also showing us the future. Ironically like Lethal Weapon, Mike and Marcus are definitely too old for this sh!t now. The Film picks up a short time after “Bad Boys for Life”. Mike is now getting married to his Physical Therapist who treated him after he was shot. In a mirror of the last film. Marcus has a heart attack at the Wedding (Mike was shot shortly after Reggie's and Megan's party for their Grandson the last film). I was like WTF, do not tell me he’s going to be down during the whole movie.

Then they go to this crazy afterlife sequence that shows clips of the previous movies. I’m like oh damn, hell no. Then he sees Captain Howard on some Black Panther Spirit World ish, lol. He tells him it’s not his time. Marcus awakens a whole new Man. He now thinks he’s invincible because he survived. He starts doing crazy stuff like standing on the ledge of a building, walking out in Traffic. He really had no fear. Meanwhile Mike had all the fear. He now had something to lose. A Wife he loved and a new found Son he was trying to learn to Love. This was giving him Panic Attacks throughout the film. So Captain Howard was Frame by rogue Officers in the Department who was working with cartels. The Government was also working with the Cartels after 9/11. So Rita who was promoted to replace Captain Howard is dating someone connected to the whole plot and is running for Mayor. I knew he was fake the minute he started talking.

So Mike and Marcus get a video from Captain Howard explaining the conspiracy. Mike realizes his Son knows about the Rouge Cops. So they visit him in prison. He tells him he can identify one of the sell outs. So they get the Mayors office to Transport Mike Jr. Meanwhile the Rogue Agents intercept the Transport and kills the pilots mid-air. Mike and Marcus have to fight on the Helicopter while Mike Jr is trapped in cage. The new Bad Guy named James fights a little before jumping off the Helicopter. Marcus and Mike have to free Mike Jr before crashing into the water. That whole Helicopter sequence was crazy and better than anything in the last film. Now Mike, Marcus and Mike Jr are on the run. They link up with the Ammo unit to help them clear Captain Howard. Meanwhile Captain Howard Daughter who is a federal agent is assigned to hunt down Mike, Marcus and Mike Jr. There’s a bounty in the streets on them as well. That’s where you get a couple of cameos from Khaled and Joyner Lucas (LOL @ Khaled scene). Tiffany Haddish also had a funny part with Will and Martin.

Anyways, Mike, Marcus, Mike Jr and Ammo team up and discover who the Rogue Agents are. Rita also finds out her Man is actually in on the Plot. He tries to kill her in an elevator but she is saved by Ammo. Mike’s Wife and Captain Howard Granddaughter are kidnapped by James. They also attack Marcus House but low and behold. Reggie went nuts, he killed 15 highly trained officers. The whole sequence was crazy, he did a great job and had the crowd cheering for him. I thought Tasha did fine as Teresa though it was a short role. They ending up tricking James using an AI Voice manipulator into going to this abandon Alligator Amusement Park. That’s where you have the climax. Marcus was bit by alligator, shot and had a heart attack in this movie. Yet Marcus really drove a lot of the film. Mike was a little more low key in this one because of the complexities of the Mike Jr situation. Speaking of Mike Jr. Yes he’s still a Killer. He bodied it in the Prison Yard fight Scene. He also killed it throughout the movie. They gave him a nice redemption arc as well by saving Captain Howard's granddaughter.

Based his performance and Reggie it’s clear they are the future of the Bad Boys Franchise. I’m not saying don’t bring back Will and Martin for “Bad Boys 5” (Yes it’s happening). I’m saying you have to elevate Reggie and Mike Jr even more in the next film. Will and Martin can still have cameos once you make the full transmission down the line. Plus the Ammo Team can be in the Reggie/Mike Jr Film as well. Obviously they will have to sell it but I do not expect Martin and Will to do this forever. They expanded the Universe with this Film. But the Action was on point especially the whole “First person shooter” angles. I liked the story too, they cleaned up a lot of stuff with Mike Jr and dealing with the aftermath of Captain Howard. Eric Dane did pretty good as a Bad Guy. I mean he fit the ”Bad Boy Villain” type to me.

There were Easter eggs to all three Previous Bad Boys films in the movie including reference to Marcus Sister and other past characters. The Directors both stepped up. "Bad Boys For Life" they were young and still learning. The action in that film didn't live up to "Bad Boys II" though the story was good. This one did that. "Bad Boys" is a mixture of comedy and action fukkery with a little drama in the mix. Also LOL @ the Michael Bay Cameo. He was driving his Porsche from part 1. Will and Martin went in as usual. It was a good movie and a fun time at the theater for a change. It was under two hours so it moved. It did start a little slow but once it got going, the film never let up to the end. Like I said, they set it up well for the next movie with letting Reggie and Mike Jr go off. I enjoyed every “Bad Boys” Movie. This is a really good franchise. Well the young Bad Boys showed out. Introducing the Bad Sons. Clap for em:

Dennis-Greene-as-Reggie-McDonald-in-BAD-BOYS-FOR-LIFE.jpg

Marcus Barnett's Son In Law: REGGIE MCDONALD

armando-armas-458405-normal.jpg
'

Mike Lowrey's Son: ARMANDO "MIKE JR" LOWREY

f6d037c2d6fefc2a5009be4c165e6470

Last edited:

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bad Boys 3 was decent until the long lost son plot. Then it just got dumb from there.

I might check out 4 though.