back in the gym...after injury

Truth200

Banned
Daps
Started taking supplements known from anti-inflammatory properties. Tried juicing for an extended period..

What specific supplements known from anti-inflammatory properties and did they work?

What type of back surgery did you have and what did the doctor do in there?

Please give me anymore advice or information you can.

I need to back in the pool until the weather gets warm and i can walk again.

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What specific supplements known from anti-inflammatory properties and did they work?

What type of back surgery did you have and what did the doctor do in there?

Please give me anymore advice or information you can.

I need to back in the pool until the weather gets warm and i can walk again.

Fish oils for the Omega-3s. Which also help with depression - essential because back pain can have you on some gloom and doom shyt. Flax oil. Cal-Mag. Zinc. D. Melatonin for sleep.

Long walks. Staying sedentary will stiffen you up. Mild exercise is better than being on the couch/floor/bed. Minimize sitting in chairs - that shyt wreaks havoc on the lower back. Lots of water and fresh juices.

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
I think deadlifts are pretty safe compared to a lot of other lifts, including squats. If you stretch to maintain your flexibility, warm up well, and have good form, you should be good. If the weight is too heavy, you can always drop it (unlike with benching, squatting, etc.).

My best DL was 465 lbs back in 2013

they are safe.

99% of the dudes that get injured use improper form and at the same time trynna do heavy weights they shouldn't be trynna lift. They even "warm up" with improper form.

the amount of rounded backs i see in the gym from these fools trying to look strong deadlifting is ridiculous. won't feel sorry for them when their shyt snaps.

Truth200

Banned
Daps
Fish oils for the Omega-3s. Which also help with depression - essential because back pain can have you on some gloom and doom shyt. Flax oil. Cal-Mag. Zinc. D. Melatonin for sleep.

Long walks. Staying sedentary will stiffen you up. Mild exercise is better than being on the couch/floor/bed. Minimize sitting in chairs - that shyt wreaks havoc on the lower back. Lots of water and fresh juices.

Anything else breh?

What type of back surgery did you have and how did you rehab after it?

Hybrinetics

Banned
Daps
they are safe.

99% of the dudes that get injured use improper form and at the same time trynna do heavy weights they shouldn't be trynna lift. They even "warm up" with improper form.

the amount of rounded backs i see in the gym from these fools trying to look strong deadlifting is ridiculous. won't feel sorry for them when their shyt snaps.
Foreal, proper form and non-ego lifting should be safe. I love deadlifts, and with a short torso long limbs, I was basically built for them. Plus a short torso gives better leverage and stability. I Hate squats though

Troublesome

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hurt my back badly in Nov doing Deads. waited about 6 weeks, the pain didn't go away so I went to the doc and had an MRI. Found out I got 2 bulging discs.:mjcry: The thing that makes me so frustrated about the situation is that I knew I was using bad form. When I'm doing deadlifts, I usually wear sweats so I don't scratch my legs (keeping the bar close), but that day, I kinda spaced out and forgot to wear them. When I got to the gym, I figured I'd just go "lighter" with the weight and slack on the form a little bit. :snoop: Keep in mind, Deadlifts are my strongest lifts as my max is around 540-545 lbs. So for me, going "lighter" was doing reps of 405. I did my usual warm up, reps of 135, 225,315... put 405 on the bar and :damn: I was done after the 1st rep. As soon as I felt the pop, I dropped the bar and walked right out the gym. I still have a little pain in my back today, but not nearly as bad as the night of the injury. If you guys are gonna do deadlifts, make sure you ALWAYS USE GOOD FORM. It's a great exercise (my favorite) but I probably won't ever do them again because at this point, there's no reason for me to risk a lifetime of back pain. :mjcry:

Truth200

Banned
Daps
I hurt my back badly in Nov doing Deads. waited about 6 weeks, the pain didn't go away so I went to the doc and had an MRI. Found out I got 2 bulging discs.:mjcry: The thing that makes me so frustrated about the situation is that I knew I was using bad form. When I'm doing deadlifts, I usually wear sweats so I don't scratch my legs (keeping the bar close), but that day, I kinda spaced out and forgot to wear them. When I got to the gym, I figured I'd just go "lighter" with the weight and slack on the form a little bit. :snoop: Keep in mind, Deadlifts are my strongest lifts as my max is around 540-545 lbs. So for me, going "lighter" was doing reps of 405. I did my usual warm up, reps of 135, 225,315... put 405 on the bar and :damn: I was done after the 1st rep. As soon as I felt the pop, I dropped the bar and walked right out the gym. I still have a little pain in my back today, but not nearly as bad as the night of the injury. If you guys are gonna do deadlifts, make sure you ALWAYS USE GOOD FORM. It's a great exercise (my favorite) but I probably won't ever do them again because at this point, there's no reason for me to risk a lifetime of back pain. :mjcry:

Don't ever do them again once the disc are bulging....