[Axios] Xbox content and services revenue grew by 0.7%, missing Nadella's target of 4.4% for 2023

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
If a KPI is being tied to compensation, it has some clear importance to the company. But we can take Nadella out of the conversation because we know he has plenty of other KPIs that Microsoft cares more about as CEO.

The expected growth vs. actual growth, is interesting. Why did MS think they'd grow by more than 4% and what went wrong that they didn't crack 1%?

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Keep this energy when sony miss those console projections for fiscal year, yall care too much about ceo pockets
@Loose Bussy been on damage control all week, furiously shytting up the board with empty threats. The life of an Xbox shill is a sad one :smh:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
If a KPI is being tied to compensation, it has some clear importance to the company. But we can take Nadella out of the conversation because we know he has plenty of other KPIs that Microsoft cares more about as CEO.

The expected growth vs. actual growth, is interesting. Why did MS think they'd grow by more than 4% and what went wrong that they didn't crack 1%?

This is the real conversation, they are missing projections in both metrics. I honestly don’t see gamepass even getting a huge boost from starfield to make the difference

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Most likely his bonus was built on the thought that ABK would have been closed by then. This KPI was for July 22-June 23

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

The 4.4% was the bonus target not their expected growth.

They had a bunch of delays, Forza and Starfield were supposed to make FY2023 as was the Activision merger supposed to be done.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
@Loose Bussy been on damage control all week, furiously shytting up the board with empty threats. The life of an Xbox shill is a sad one :smh:
Maybe you didn't pass 4th grade, but nothing I said meets definition of a threat. Life of a low iq individual.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
The 4.4% was the bonus target not their expected growth.

They had a bunch of delays, Forza and Starfield were supposed to make FY2023 as was the Activision merger supposed to be done.
So I'll rephrase the question...why did Nadella think he could spur Xbox related growth by 4.4%, yet fell short of 1%? Something didn't work out as anticipated and I'm interested in what that was. Could have been ROI on an acquisition, certain title, GamePass, console market share, or anything but something or a few things fell far short of expectations.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
So I'll rephrase the question...why did Nadella think he could spur Xbox related growth by 4.4%, yet fell short of 1%? Something didn't work out as anticipated and I'm interested in what that was. Could have been ROI on an acquisition, certain title, GamePass, console market share, or anything but something or a few things fell far short of expectations.
Game development doesn't work like cloud computing, anything can happen bad release schedule, bad games, delays etc. Beholding a ceo salary to a growth target is how divisions get closed and lack innovation. This is great news. Only thing Microsoft should care about is if revenue targets are moving in right direction and growth in general. They now own activision which should dramatically change growth targets in revenue. Gamepass isn't a major driver and never will be. It's a part of the platform.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Again, the big 3 things that were supposed to happen during FY 2023 did not happen.

Starfall was supposed to come out last year. Forza was supposed to come out last year and they expected to close on Activision last year.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Again, the big 3 things that were supposed to happen during FY 2023 did not happen.

Starfall was supposed to come out last year. Forza was supposed to come out last year and they expected to close on Activision last year.
You talking to these dudes like they know what a 10k is let alone fiscal years :dead: