Avengers is now selling XP and resource boosts for real money in marketplace after gamepass launch

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
They nerfed XP months ago, yet are now selling boosters to compensate for it. They also lied as they said that costumes would be the only thing that players had to pay money for.

I see exactly what people were talking about now as it’s taking forever to level up characters and the lack of mission variety makes it a chore :francis:
They didn't 'nerf' XP. They smoothed the scaling so you wouldn't get 5 levels in one run early in the game while going from 48-49 would take a whole evening.

XP/Currency packs go hand in hand with always online joints anyways. I'd really love to see people raise hell for Arise having entire moves and abilities behind their DLC in a single player RPG. But convenient outrage when CD does the same thing that Assassin's Creed has been doing for years now :manny:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
The Video Games Industry is so nasty :mjlol:

Oh, you don't wanna pay for our game...:troll: It's free, now....
exactly why i completely abandoned mobile gaming and why it kind of stagnated after the initial smart phone hype

we should have a very good mobile industry with the current capabilities in tech.

as a casual i could have easily lived without a console if mobile games had not gone this way.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
exactly why i completely abandoned mobile gaming and why it kind of stagnated after the initial smart phone hype

we should have a very good mobile industry with the current capabilities in tech.

as a casual i could have easily lived without a console if mobile games had not gone this way.
mobile gaming is doing crazy numbers man

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
They didn't 'nerf' XP. They smoothed the scaling so you wouldn't get 5 levels in one run early in the game while going from 48-49 would take a whole evening.

XP/Currency packs go hand in hand with always online joints anyways. I'd really love to see people raise hell for Arise having entire moves and abilities behind their DLC in a single player RPG. But convenient outrage when CD does the same thing that Assassin's Creed has been doing for years now :manny:

That's still a nerf breh :unimpressed:

People show outrage all the time when companies go back on their word, which is essentially what CD did with this move. You don't get to offer a solution to the problem that you created in the first place. That's not how it works.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
That's still a nerf breh :unimpressed:

People show outrage all the time when companies go back on their word, which is essentially what CD did with this move. You don't get to offer a solution to the problem that you created in the first place. That's not how it works.
if you hit max level faster now that scaling is adjusted, how is it a nerf

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
if you hit max level faster now that scaling is adjusted, how is it a nerf

I honestly don't even like the game enough like that to have a debate with you about it.

They originally said that cosmetics would be the only thing that would be monetized and we see that's obviously not the case. You defend that practice all you want, that's on you breh. Obviously other people don't feel the same :yeshrug:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I honestly don't even like the game enough like that to have a debate with you about it.

They originally said that cosmetics would be the only thing that would be monetized and we see that's obviously not the case. You defend that practice all you want, that's on you breh. Obviously other people don't feel the same :yeshrug:
I appreciate the honesty :ehh:

and im not defending xp/currency packs as its a matter of time before they get introduced into every live service type of game because its basically part of their life cycle - no matter how devs pitch it early on.

I'm simply stating that when its far more prevalent and intrusive in single player experiences, there should be the same energy if not more. Otherwise, its really just convenient outrage no matter how people want to spin it.