Australian billionaire CEO wants to eliminate remote work and hold employees captive at office

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
wfh will be phased ou by next summer. Grown men will have to return to the office and actually.....WORK!
That's only because most people folded and fell bac from what could have been a work place revolution. At this point it's seems like there is a viable case to argue with the affordability crisis that work from home should be offered at jobs where it is feasible to offset living costs. A lot of companies forcing people who moved far away to quit or have their careers stalled with no upward mobility until they resign.

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps
The outback needs to claim him......in a bad way.......YOU CAN NOT COMPETE WITH WORK FROM HOME!!! The sooner they stop with the bullshyt the better.......ain't no fukking amenities offered in an office setting will EVER be able to compete........not even p*ssy being offered on site can compete with WFH and that's saying a lot

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
wfh will be phased ou by next summer. Grown men will have to return to the office and actually.....WORK!
I have been WFH since COVID (could of been before that too) and still will be years from now. Outside of CEOs that think they own you and "Back in my day" ones, most see the benefit of WFH where it makes sense.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
keeping them captive at work means providing them with all the necessities and amenities onsite that they would otherwise leave campus for. trying to be like a silicon valley company basically.

i think a lot of workers over here would love $20/day daycare.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
I don't want them walking down the road for a cup of coffee. We kind of figured out a few years ago how much that costs, wandering out around lunchtime.

You know there's a special kind of folly afoot when these are the kinds of calculations being bandied about. Amazon is on the same kind of timing with telling their drivers not to move their mouths too much while driving.

:hubie:

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I will say this, working at multiple FAANG companies, free lunch with a fully staffed cafeteria will beat paying 30 dollars at Chipotle and the bodega every day.