Attn: All artists and writers Onipress now open for comics book submissions

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
Got a email recently saying that it's taking em much longer than expected to go through all the submissions they received. People should be getting their response within the next 4-6 weeks.

Was wondering why I hadn't gotten a response yet. Thought they threw my submission in the bushes and didn't bother replying back :russ:

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
Got an email that my pitch had been rejected. Kinda figured it would with it being my first time and all. Also feel like it wasn't really suited for them. It was still fun doing this and learning things about the process. I'll make some adjustments and build off it.

Maybe I'll try throwing my pitch to other publishers. Anyone know of any that will be accepting submissions anytime soon?

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Native of the NYC, getting fed in the Big D!
Got an email that my pitch had been rejected. Kinda figured it would with it being my first time and all. Also feel like it wasn't really suited for them. It was still fun doing this and learning things about the process. I'll make some adjustments and build off it.

Maybe I'll try throwing my pitch to other publishers. Anyone know of any that will be accepting submissions anytime soon?
Sorry to hear but don't give up. I'm sure you'll have several more opportunities in the future.
Just a learning curve, breh.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps

Did you submit writing or art?

Kuro

Tru grit
Daps

could they just tell you they rejected it or whatever and then use it without giving you credit?...

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
how'd you go about it? im interested in this i have a few ideas that are pretty ill
I recommend doing some research on how to write a pitch. Also certain publishers want your pitches to be in a particular format. Mine for Onipress was pretty much divided up into three sections...

One section included a brief explanation of the story and setting, along with a list of the major characters that would appear throughout the story and their descriptions.

Then for the next section I broke down the entire story arc by arc. This is where my pitch got kinda lengthy and I need to work on condensing this part some more. Also you would want to include the entire story from start to finish. Don't leave anything out or hold back.

Third part was a sample script of an issue. The goal here is to give the publishers a feel for the story and characters. Mine covered about 13 pages I think. Doesn't have to be the whole issue. Also writing a sample script can be tricky. Especially if you haven't done it before. Someone posted some links to some examples on the first page of this thread. Take a look at them and also search around for others on the web.

I'm still learning too and I'm sure others on here will have some info on how to write one as well. Just continue to look at examples and tips on the web. Writing a pitch does take up more time than you would think.

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
could they just tell you they rejected it or whatever and then use it without giving you credit?...
That's always a risk, but they did email me back with my same pitch. I can always pull up those emails if I need to. You can also view your own submissions through their site. Just the ones you submitted of course.