Waldo Geraldo Faldo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cloud

The Devs did an AMA on Reddit today.

Cool tidbits I read:
There will be elite enemies scattered throughout the world that drop unique essence stones.

They were inspired by Horizon Zero Dawn. I can see this because the enemies you faces look like giant lobsters and snakes etc. Similar to the Horizon series but this looks way better melee wise.

The equipment consists of:

• ⁠Essence stones, which define active abilities, additional moves and buffs which unlock with the gain of momentum
• ⁠Idols, which define the method of healing in addition to the based healing charges all Idols have (e.g. heal on parry, heal on hit, etc.)
• ⁠2 weapons (out of the 3 we have in the game) which define the combat moves available and also evolve with momentum
• ⁠The Armor, which defines your stats and have additional bonuses which can be unlocked if you meet certain requirements (e.g. slows enemies upon receiving damage if you X or more stones of this type equipped)

Upgrading armours give you Perk points which allow you to unlock various perks that are permanent on your avatar, no matter the armour (e.g. gain a burst of momentum at the start of each fight, or get a compass indicator when passing nearby an undiscovered chest, etc.)

Lastly, feedback from the early preview before they pushed the game back.

What struck us the most was the very different impressions of reviewers on the difficulty balancing: some found the game too difficult, some others found it well balanced and some finally found it a bit too easy (likely due to the preview build skipping parts of the normal flow, in which we taught players that the difficulty could be changed in the menu). It made us more confident creating stronger differences between our 3 difficulty levels, to provide an experience which speaks at the same time to our more hardcore audience and those who are maybe newer to or less frequently playing Action-RPGs.

We also did an iteration to quests to ensure they had more depth, we shuffled our rewards around to ensure the players feel more rewarded for exploring the world and we also slightly adjusted our enemy population to provide more enemy variety in early-game.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Seems like the type of game i will enjoy,

As long as it feels good and challenging to play, i’m in.

Already knew graphics and story weren’t gonna be touching other big budget games.

Video GAME reviews seem backwards to me, Something like FF16 gets good scores based on things like graphics, story and voice acting, despite most people agreeing the GAMEPLAY is kinda shallow and repetitive.

But a GAME like his gets bad scores cause it’s movies aren’t up to par.

I will always chose, gameplay over movies, which is why i’m a video game enthusiast:ehh:

Don’t know what the rest of y’all doin :camby:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Seems like the type of game i will enjoy,

As long as it feels good and challenging to play, i’m in.

Already knew graphics and story weren’t gonna be touching other big budget games.

Video GAME reviews seem backwards to me, Something like FF16 gets good scores based on things like graphics, story and voice acting, despite most people agreeing the GAMEPLAY is kinda shallow and repetitive.

But a GAME like his gets bad scores cause it’s movies aren’t up to par.

I will always chose, gameplay over movies, which is why i’m a video game enthusiast:ehh:

Don’t know what the rest of y’all doin :camby:

So are you actually gonna spend 70 dollars on it? :sas2:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I mean with a name like Atlas Fallen it was setting itself up to be
6nhh1paj6qta1.jpg

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Mulattospoken :mjpls:

Passingspoken :mjpls:

Should help it move some units. Some people will buy it for no other reason that its not wokespoken :mjpls:

Waldo Geraldo Faldo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cloud
Just beat it.

Overall the game was really good and the combat was surprisingly better than advertised.

The story actually wasn’t that bad like the reviews are stating. To me the presentation of the story is lacking. For example the angles you talk to characters throughout the game is weird. The main character voice is wack. But overall the story was very compelling from a philosophical sense.

While playing the game I keep thinking to myself Deck 13 could have really used the Decima engine from the Horizon series and Death Stranding. Their engine (Deck 13) is pretty good for the lighting and particles but the faces were pretty lacking.

Also, this game reminds me of so many games at one time.

Crackdown due to the vertically and collectible at those heights. Also player run speed is fast like the agents in Crackdown.

Horizon Series due to the enemies replicating animals and beasts plus the aesthetic reminded me of certain Horizon cities.

Darksiders from the gauntlet and combat.

Lastly, the devs did some cool shyt within the game that I enjoyed like no quick attack and strong attack just attacks that switch between the two weapons out of the three.

The weapons growing in size and variation due to gained momentum was cool as fukk.

Overall I would play this again if they added some dlc in the future it was a fun game.