Atlanta Hawks 2024-2025 season thread

Sly Cookin

based
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Not looking forward to the Murray vs Trae stanwar that will inevitably play out, but I know it’s coming. I wish we could make it work with both of them but deep down inside, I know it won’t work :to:
I don't think we will be forced to do that. All of our players including Trae have played great under quin.

If anything, all those trade chips have boosted their values in the last 2 months. If we make a trade, we aren't getting fleeced like it was rumored at the trade deadline

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I don't think we will be forced to do that. All of our players including Trae have played great under quin.

If anything, all those trade chips have boosted their values in the last 2 months. If we make a trade, we aren't getting fleeced like it was rumored at the trade deadline

The only question I have is will the ball continue moving the way it does when Trae comes back or do we revert back to a iso one-on-one, your turn my turn, spam pick-n-roll offense?

A part of me realize the play of our role-players has increased because they get touches within the flow of the offense instead of being force-feed through Trae/Murray iso-style setup plays.

That's honestly where I think the issues will return. It's a matter of if Trae is willing to come off the ball early in the shot-clock and if he's willing to play off the ball and how effective he can do it. Right now, the offense resembles what we saw when Bud/Quin was here the first time around.

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I've said it 100 times before

DJ is a Point Guard not a Shooting Guard. It don't work with Trae out there

And Dre in particular is MUCH better without Trae out there

:manny:

I agree but I still couldn't see the ceiling of the team being much higher than it currently is with Dejounte as #1.

I would love to see how we'd look with a full strength team: OO, Jalen, etc. Maybe trading Trae could net a good wing to go alongside Dejounte. This a good stretch of Hawks basketball. Them boys gone play hard no matter who's on the floor for us or on the other team

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
The only question I have is will the ball continue moving the way it does when Trae comes back or do we revert back to a iso one-on-one, your turn my turn, spam pick-n-roll offense?

A part of me realize the play of our role-players has increased because they get touches within the flow of the offense instead of being force-feed through Trae/Murray iso-style setup plays.

That's honestly where I think the issues will return. It's a matter of if Trae is willing to come off the ball early in the shot-clock and if he's willing to play off the ball and how effective he can do it. Right now, the offense resembles what we saw when Bud/Quin was here the first time around.
Let’s be honest there’s a lot of one on one ball with Maurry too, the thing is we have 2 one on one players who want the ball in their hands

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God

We spam PnR even right now, it's just that Murray almost exclusively shoots and attacks. He's not looking to pass when he does it.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I agree but I still couldn't see the ceiling of the team being much higher than it currently is with Dejounte as #1.

I would love to see how we'd look with a full strength team: OO, Jalen, etc. Maybe trading Trae could net a good wing to go alongside Dejounte. This a good stretch of Hawks basketball. Them boys gone play hard no matter who's on the floor for us or on the other team

reaves and Rui for trae?