Atlanta Hawks 2024-2025 season thread

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I’m still stunned some of y’all thought this team was a top 4 seed in the East after literally doing nothing to improve in the offseason with a team that has played .500 ball the better part of the last 2 season. These boys got a real shot to start 0-4 too

@MIL on Sunday
Home to Minnesota on Monday

They’ll be ok. Just need to start Jalen and run Bey off the bench. At some point we need to start Big O too. I like what I saw with Murray attacking the paint and finishing too.

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
I’m still stunned some of y’all thought this team was a top 4 seed in the East after literally doing nothing to improve in the offseason with a team that has played .500 ball the better part of the last 2 season. These boys got a real shot to start 0-4 too

@MIL on Sunday
Home to Minnesota on Monday
Who is y'all???

As long as Trae is on this team and is the #1 option, the Hawks are goin nowhere

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Who is y'all???

As long as Trae is on this team and is the #1 option, the Hawks are goin nowhere

My bad bro I thought you were on the Hawks are a 4th seed train.

@FreshFromATL i admire your optimism in the Hawks but breh, this team is mid asf. I just don’t see where the excitement for this year’s team is coming from

@staticshock can we change the name of the thread to Tra(d)e Young? His effort on defense and with his shot was deplorable

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
We didn’t play bad this game we just spent wayyy too much time doubling Randle.

We need to start Jalen ASAP though. That nikka faster and can jump higher than anyone on the court. His dynamic playmaking can’t be replicated.
Ya'll want him to start? So he can stand in the corner and be wasted. Everyone seems to be way better when they aren't on the court at the same time with Trae and Murray

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Trae is a complete liability to the Hawks. The sooner they cut bait the better

the thing about it is, this could really happen. I'm 100% certain it's been discussed by upper management

They've invested in Quin and this is Trae's 3rd head coach. If the results stay the same, the FO will have no choice but to look at the constants (the core of the team)

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
They had a good defensive minded coach in Nate and ice tray ran him out of town. Trae is the beautiful woman you meet, take her to shows, vacations, nice dinners…then you go for that annual check up at the eye doctor…

Hollywood Co

Primetime Reppin
Daps
Reppin
Eastside Atl -
Quinn Synder needs to get this team in sync. Perimeter defense is ass and our guys are not hitting 3s and rarely look fluid when they run their offense.

Trae is concerning too. He still has elite PG skills but his shooting is spotty at best. One thing I'll give him is his ability to get down hill and draw contact but he still needs to get back to finish plays and scoring buckets.

Watching Dame play is like watching everything Trae could be but isn't. Hopefully that changes.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Disappointing start but hopefully they’ll turn it around tomorrow evening.

Not related to the season, but Thursday was jersey day at the school for red ribbon week, & I never seen so many kids in Hawks stuff before it’s crazy. Trae really has brought life into this franchise. In previous years I’d mostly see Curry, KD or Bron jerseys but Trae & the Hawks have started to turn a lot of folks into fans

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
June 2021 feels so long ago... but it really isn't:to:

I honestly think that playoff run was the worst thing to happen to the franchise. Guys thought they had arrived and got complacent. Even Tra(d)e came into the next season saying bullshyt like the regular season is boring compared to the playoffs. They’ve been a .500 team since the end of the Bucks series. Something’s gotta change…I know this season just started but this has been a mediocre franchise for the better part of 2 plus seasons now

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Quinn Synder needs to get this team in sync. Perimeter defense is ass and our guys are not hitting 3s and rarely look fluid when they run their offense.

Trae is concerning too. He still has elite PG skills but his shooting is spotty at best. One thing I'll give him is his ability to get down hill and draw contact but he still needs to get back to finish plays and scoring buckets.

Watching Dame play is like watching everything Trae could be but isn't. Hopefully that changes.

I think the sad thing is Trae has stagnated. I mean he’s not even trying on defense for large parts of the game, still shooting 30 footers, his game is the same as it was 3 years ago

@staticshock that was a heartwarming story but fukk them kids. They need to get a new jersey breh