AT&T tells customers to change their phones or they won't work anymore

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist šŸ˜²)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
WTF is VoLTE???:what:
Voice over LTE

The logo at the top of the notification panel

I can keep my OnePlus 6 for another year :whew:

Screenshot-20200723-190628.jpg

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I would've cancelled that shyt the same day too. I would not let a phone company strong-arm me into spending more money; greedy as hell....

They should get sued for this bullshyt Apple be doing the same thing and its fukking bullshyt!!!!:what: I'm talking class action lawsuit here....

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
Does anyone in this thread even have a 3G phone?
Nope, this doesn't mean what people think it does. All the articles are worded in a fear mongering way. Basically, it doesn't matter what carrier you are own the old 1xx, edge, and 3g towers are being discontinued and re-farmed into 5g networks. VoLTE, which is voice calls over the lte network (that crstal clear hd voice), is now going to be the standard for voice calls going forward. This will be a much bigger deal in health care and transpotation than it will be for normal consumers. Some people have phones from other networks that don't have the AT&T bands to work on new towers. Those phones never worked on the 4g towers like a regular AT&T or an unlocked phone would. Eventually, those phones aren't going to work at all no matter what. AT&T, being the greedy b*stards that they are, are trying to flip it into phone sales.

Last edited: