AT&T on that bullsh%t...will start cancelling customer service for piracy

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
A VPN costs as little as $40/year, sometimes less. Granted here shouldn't be any need for them in this case, its still a worth while investment if you're getting a lot of content for free.
if cox tries any more bullshyt, im going the vpn route. i got alot of head room before im paying more than i used to, AT&T was raping me on DTV with that bullshyt "HD" content. On demand was useless too

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
You're lucky. I get throttled very often. I use bandwidth like crazy though, with a ton of streaming. I even pay for unlimited, as I use more than 1 tb a month. If I watch too much 4K content, they throttle the shyt outta me :mjcry:

This has happened in multiple locations too :mjcry:
I use 2-3tb per month. Just downloaded a 30gb Blu-ray in 6 minutes. Comcast gigabit is iite with me. fukk them for tacking on the fukkin cap tho

:mjlol: nikkas need to learn how to not torrent, and just do DDL
I hope you mean newsgroups cause direct download a la Rapidshare is a complete pain in the ass

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
People got too bold with pirating. Shouldn't be surprised the content makers are striking back. The bad thing about it is you never know what viruses you're pulling down in exploited content. A lot of those pirate sites are filled with exploits even on the websites themselves. I got a virus once so bad I had to wipe my MBR and rebuild my OS from scratch.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
tenor.gif
You know The Coli wasn't gonna let that one slide @Lord Beasley :russ:

Jonah

XBOT Suicide Prevention Squad
Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew
DDL means Direct Download, much safer than torrenting since it uses the basic HTTP/S protocol & the generic port for internet browsing which shows up to an ISP as you "Accessing a Webpage". Unlike torrents which use a specific ports that havnt changed in the last few decades. (which means ISP's know that your torrenting somethng). In my opinion DDL is safer than using Torrents, although there are many people who would probably disagree for whatever reason. Then again, for DDLing, it just depends on the sites you frequent. while there are many safe ones, there are an equal number of shady ones kinda like with Torrenting (safe files vs shady files)

Direct download link - Wikipedia

There are all kinds of DDL sites/groups that exist on the internet, generally based around certain things. Technically, all those emulator/rom sites would be considered DDL sites too. So if you ever used those, then you should be familiar with the concept.

:manny: Thats as best I can explain it, tho many others can explain it better than I can with more technical detail. I tried to simplify it as best I could