Art of Fighting 4? SNK Doesn’t Learn

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
It’s not about another console it’s about variety and not betting it all on one genre. KoF, Garou, Pretty Heroines, Samsho, and now AoF all they are doing is just diluting the market with AA games that pales to its competitors. The same thing that had them declare bankruptcy.

No way is Brazil & Mexico buying and actively playing all those fighting games. Plus AoF roster should just be merged with Garou by this point, outside of the Sakazaki Dojo & Kasumi/King that roster way fukkin mid.
I wouldn't be surprise with SNK bringing back AoF one last time is to do exactly that. And if they were to do that, then it'll be just Garou, KoF and Samsho since Pretty Heroines looks like a one off game.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
they need to remaster last blade 2 with the best graphics they can handle. i dont care if hand-drawing is expensive, they need to start doing something to stop being seen as budget copy and paste games. AI should be able to take the old animation frames and do something better efficiently anyway.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Ain't no fighting game company ruin their reputation recently as bad as SNK has.

Samurai Showdown should have been a hit, net code ruined it.
KoF15 should've been a tremendous hit considering how much people looked forward to it - matchmaking ruined it.

Now they got this game releasing when the big 3 are set to dominate.

Honestly, it'd be dope if they went back to sprites rather than 3d, something to differentiate themselves. Their IP's can't carry their horrible technicals.

Last edited:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
I wouldn't be surprise with SNK bringing back AoF one last time is to do exactly that. And if they were to do that, then it'll be just Garou, KoF and Samsho since Pretty Heroines looks like a one off game.

I get that it’s a prequel but it’s time to wrap it like Capcom did the Alpha & Final Fight series. Merge em with Garou for better roster cause SNK suck with 90s rosters. How do you have 3 Mike Tyson clones in your games :why:

they need to remaster last blade 2 with the best graphics they can handle. i dont care if hand-drawing is expensive, they need to start doing something to stop being seen as budget copy and paste games. AI should be able to take the old animation frames and do something better efficiently anyway.

That’s actually not a bad idea:ehh: train the model to smooth and upscale, just avoid it looking like Super Turbos ugly Udon art. I bet those original sprites are lost to the ether though.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
nikka that's what king of fighters is :mjlol:

No it’s not, King of Fighters should have never been their flagship title. It straight up said fukk all y’all’s narrative we’ll figure out when we get there.

King of Fighters is the definition of out of touch 90s game. 40- 50 characters at launch, same character design/personality, shyt graphics, arguably the same mechanics, and shyt presentation.

Garou should’ve been what they led with, focus on 14-18 characters with HQ graphics and reuse those assets going into AoF or Samsho.

Last edited:

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I get that it’s a prequel but it’s time to wrap it like Capcom did the Alpha & Final Fight series. Merge em with Garou for better roster cause SNK suck with 90s rosters. How do you have 3 Mike Tyson clones in your games :why:

That’s actually not a bad idea:ehh: train the model to smooth and upscale, just avoid it looking like Super Turbos ugly Udon art. I bet those original sprites are lost to the ether though.
:patrice: really Mickey Rogers is based on Ali, Axel Hawk on Foreman, and Michael Max well you are right about Max is based on '80s Tyson

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
They need to make an updated version of King of the Monsters.

AOF was hard as fukk back in the day. Series peaked at 2. 3 fukking sucked.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
All for it Capcom needd to do the same and drop a Rival Schools or Star Gladiator

Itsuno is on record saying he wants to finish the Rival Schools story. Fingers crossed he gets to it if DD2 is a success.

:patrice: really Mickey Rogers is based on Ali, Axel Hawk on Foreman, and Michael Max well you are right about Max is based on '80s Tyson

True but they could’ve two into one character to represent past and future. There was no need for 3 black boxers in 3 different games.

#Justice4LuckyGlauber

EDIT: Fukk I forgot about heavy D. That 4 Fukkin black boxers. :why:

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Itsuno is on record saying he wants to finish the Rival Schools story. Fingers crossed he gets to it if DD2 is a success.

True but they could’ve two into one character to represent past and future. There was no need for 3 black boxers in 3 different games.

#Justice4LuckyGlauber

EDIT: Fukk I forgot about heavy D. That 4 Fukkin black boxers. :why:
:russ: to be fair they all have different boxing styles Michael Max Pressure Fighter, Mickey Rogers Out-boxer, Axel Hawk Brawler, and Heavy-D The boxer-puncher but I see your point thou they could just make one black boxer and have him be a boxer-puncher:manny:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
They need to make an updated version of King of the Monsters.

AOF was hard as fukk back in the day. Series peaked at 2. 3 fukking sucked.

They literally call AoF3 the 2D Tekken cause of all the shyt it had in it.

:russ: to be fair they all have different boxing styles Michael Max Pressure Fighter, Mickey Rogers Out-boxer, Axel Hawk Brawler, and Heavy-D The boxer-puncher but I see your point thou they could just make one black boxer and have him be a boxer-puncher:manny:

I know breh I’ve been boxing for over a decade now. The way they describe Heavy-D you think he’d be more of a Philly shell fighter. Plus he has the same story as Mickey Rogers.

Heavy-D! is an unorthodox shadowboxer with an extremely unique fighting style. D! relies heavily on defense and countering. He has an arsenal of textbook jabs, straights, hooks, straight hooks, uppercuts, undercuts, and crosses at his disposal. Heavy-D!'s KOF '98 stance is even tighter defensive-wise than his KOF '94 counterpart, nearly tucking his face completely behind a set of massive forearms, with very few holes in his guard. He also has a small array of short-ranged, fast punches that can be buffered to become unblockable.

For me it’s a just a redundant character trope SNK relies on to pad rosters, which is indicative of them just pushing out game to have games. Capcom goes out of its way to avoid this type of trope.

You at the wrestlers Capcom have and you got,

- Mika
- Gief
- El Fuerte
- Honda

You’re not confusing any of em.

EDIT: Fukk then there’s Rob Python that’s FIVE, FIVE fukkin black boxers.

Last edited: