Arrow Season 5 Thread - Arrow is Back

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Mr. Queen AWLL up in the cameras:birdman: Thea parents are sociopathic killers:demonic: Cement blockade FATALITY:hubie: T-Spheres come thru:duck: Dig-L aim got better:ohhh: Dinah stick work:whew: Felicity got Oli:cape: to suit back up:ehh: Pops ETHER:fire: made Prometheus bow out:huhldup: DT Lance did that:wow:, so hopefully Young Pup wouldn't go thru that:to: Drago's on Death Stroke Island:krs: Grinnning Chase in Flabbrow Cave, tho:patrice:

Last edited:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
:whew:
Chase the mastermind
Ollie thought he was dropping some profound ether. Chase probably knew that shyt from jump :heh:
How chase killed his own wife, got exposed, and now locked up. And is still winning :wow:
#10stepsahead
#weseenucoming
Ollie still dont know the game he playing :ufdup:
That line some of the coldest shyt I ever heard:banderas:

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
Mr. Queen AWLL up in the cameras:birdman: Thea parents are sociopathic killers:demonic: Cement blockade FATALITY:hubie: T-Spheres come thru:duck: Dig-L aim got better:ohhh: Dinah stick work:whew: Felicity got Oli:cape: to suit back up:ehh: Pops ETHER:fire: made Prometheus bow out:huhldup: DT Lance did that:wow:, so hopefully Young Pup wouldn't go thru that:to: Drago's on Death Stroke Island:krs: Grinnning Chase in Flabbrow Cave, tho:patrice:
:salute:
Perfect name for the island :wow:

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Chase is OP.

I caught up on Arrow for the past week and I see the hashtag 10StepsAhead because this is getting ridiculous. How you that calculated my guy? How does he have a trick up his sleeve every single time? If he put a bomb in some fat nikkas gut and is able to escape.... bruh :usure:

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Chase is OP.

I caught up on Arrow for the past week and I see the hashtag 10StepsAhead because this is getting ridiculous. How you that calculated my guy? How does he have a trick up his sleeve every single time? If he put a bomb in some fat nikkas gut and is able to escape.... bruh :usure:
Well.. Ollie's mistake is that he's making the same decisions he'd make vs any other villain against a dude who has studied him for 5 years

We still don't even know what game he's playing #10StepsAhead

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Chase is OP.

:mjlol:

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Arrow might have made its villain too damn powerful

But where Arrow (and a whole bunch of other TV shows and movies in similar situations, as there’s plenty of guilt to go round here) gets frustrating is in making it appear as though it’s impossible for Team Arrow to ever really get the upper hand on Adrian, even temporarily. The show has decided to depict him as nigh omniscient, as he appears capable of anticipating and countering every possible move the team can make. He always has a ludicrously complex trap waiting for them, as with the room of concrete tonight, and he always sees any gambit coming a mile off, as when he uses his father’s old lawyer to pass psychologically damaging information to Oliver and Thea.

This gripe aside, ”Honor Thy Fathers” is a very good episode of Arrow, and a worthy part of the larger endgame. The conclusion of the episode is symptomatic of Arrow’s far from unique reliance on backloading the heroes’ victory, with the premise being that every defeat along the way will make the eventual victory all the sweeter. And yes, it’s possible to build successfully to such a pay-off, and I won’t rule out that Arrow will get there in the final two weeks. Right now, though, it feels like Chase has been made too overpowered for any eventual defeat to be believable, and Team Arrow has been so consistently outflanked that they risk damaging their credibility; the mere fact they celebrate the win instead of reflecting on how easy it was is a little suspect. For what it’s worth, these struggles in building up a powerful villain while also keeping the underdog hero credible enough to eventually win would probably sound all too familiar to a professional wrestler like tonight’s returning guest star Cody Rhodes. Again, this is a storytelling problem that transcends this one particular episode.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
rQBRC2X.gif