Armored Core VI: Fires Of Rubicon -Action Game of The Year- 2023

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Any PS4/5 brehs getting online? At one point I'm gonna want to step away from fighting AI to cook colibrehs in their cockpits. :mjgrin:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Ayo cooking another man in his cockpit is crazy :dame:

stevie-j-hiphop.gif

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Eurogamer - 5/5
This is the scenery-chewing brilliance that the mecha genre's all about. I've had nothing less than a huge grin on my face the entire way through my silky-smooth, 30-odd hour campaign playthrough, because this is as good as it gets. With its uncanny ability to mix approachability with complexity, lean action with combat depth, Armored Core 6 sets the new standard for what mecha games can do.
IGN - 8/10
Armored Core 6: Fires of Rubicon's stellar customization options feed into its excellent mecha combat, and the result is challenging combat puzzles that kept my attention all the way through its 15-hour campaign and beyond. It's let down by a dull story, but lands direct hits where it counts.
Videogamer - 10/10
Armored Core 6 Fires of Rubicon is a masterful return to form for the series that incorporates the modern design philosophies of From Software. It's a dystopian world with a brutally gorgeous aesthetic and refined gameplay elevated by exceptional boss battles. Any fan of the series new or old will find something to love.
We Got This Covered - 4.5/5
Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon is a niche game. It's also a niche game that scratched itches I didn't even know I had: one for a Metal Gear-style story of political intrigue, another for mech customization, and one for frenetic, fast-paced combat that required mastery of a multitude of systems. I adored my time with it, and I'll be heading back for more to live vicariously through all of you who will be experiencing it for the very first time.

30-F462-EA-10-F4-4-BD5-B24-A-B8-E3-A35-E0-D22.jpg

62-E2-C766-787-E-45-B8-8181-76-FA078-FC905.jpg

IGN: "Rocksolid 60fps framerate that never faulters" (reviewed on PS5)

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Kinda Funny gave it a 5/5, Blessing said its the first time he’s reviewing a game that he’s completed twice already.

Officially the highest rated AC game by far lol