Armored Core VI: Fires Of Rubicon -Action Game of The Year- 2023

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
They dropped like 20 games in the franchise before a single souls game and dweebs really expecting soulslike gameplay still? :dahell:

Even after the gameplay vids? Its clearly ac4 with a splash of ac5:dahell:

was demon souls a lot of these lames first video game?:dahell:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They dropped like 20 games in the franchise before a single souls game and dweebs really expecting soulslike gameplay still? :dahell:

Probably a lot of peoples first Fromsoft game

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Something just dawned on me based on a convo with @Animal House about build variety and reading the convo in here about the game being “like” dark souls or not. :ohhh:

What people are missing is that the Dark Souls games are already just an extension of the Armored core formula.

The big draw of the AC gsmes is the customization sandbox of building your mech then testing it out against enemies.

They didn’t have the budget or technology to build large and detailed levels or epic bosses back in the day. It was all about the sandbox.

In dark souls their budget and technology improved to the point where they were able to make a fully realized game world instead of just sandbox arenas.

In all this time praying for a new AC game i hadn’t even realized it’s been DS scratching this itch for me the entire time.

DS is just an extension of the AC formula. All the way down to the vague storytelling, and vague explanation of game mechanics, weapons and items. It’s all ment for you the player to learn experiment and figure things out yourself in the sandbox they built.

So in that sense i think the game WILL be very similar to the DS games. And i think it will appeal to people for the same reasons. Even tho the gameplay itself will feel very different. This is just the From formula coming back full circle with AC finally being able to be fully realized.

I just hyped myself the fukk up again typing this out. I cant fukkin wait. I’m not playing anything else for a while.:wow:

Last edited:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Breh you’d be surprised, that Elden Ring high got people expecting that kinda gameplay from all From’s game’s going forward. I’m expecting this game not to be held in a high regard because I assume the majority of new players never heard of the series or don’t know how it functions.

From the gameplay videos I’ve seen it looks like a sequel to For Answer, I can’t fukkin wait:noah:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Something just dawned on me based on a convo with @Animal House about build variety and reading the convo in here about the game being “like” dark souls or not. :ohhh:

What people are missing is that the Dark Souls games are already just an extension of the Armored core formula.

The big draw of the AC gsmes is the customization sandbox of building your mech then testing it out against enemies.

They didn’t have the budget or technology to build large and detailed levels or epic bosses back in the day. It was all about the sandbox.

In dark souls their budget and technology improved to the point where they were able to make a fully realized game world instead of just sandbox arenas.

In all this time praying for a new AC game i hadn’t even realized it’s been DS scratching this itch for me the entire time.

DS is just an extension of the AC formula. All the way down to the vague storytelling, and vague explanation of game mechanics, weapons and items. It’s all ment for you the player to learn experiment and figure things out yourself in the sandbox they built.

So in that sense i think the game WILL be very similar to the DS games. And i think it will appeal to people for the same reasons. Even tho the gameplay itself will feel very different. This is just the From formula coming back full circle with AC finally being able to be fully realized.

I just hyped myself the fukk up again typing this out. I camt fukkin wait. I’m not playing anything else for a while.:wow:
Have you ever played a AC game before?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Have you ever played a AC game before?
Don’t be like this. :camby:

I had a fukkin import copy of AC2 cause it wasn’t sure that it was coming out in the states at that time.

This is a top 5 classic franchise for me.

None of y’all are real classic sony stan’s on here. I am :ufdup:

Last edited:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
All the previews said it definitely plays like an armored core game moreso than souls for sure

That being said, don’t expect the difficulty to be any more forgiving :skip:

I'll endure any difficulty if I can get used to the controls fast. So it's great news you can customize the hell out of controls too.