Armored Core VI: Fires Of Rubicon -Action Game of The Year- 2023

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
They saying it has souls influence :mjgrin:

I dont really associate hard lock on, stagger states and telegraphed attacks from gigantic enemies with souls:manny: prolly cuz i been gaming before the 360/ps3 gen

My main concern was the speed of the gameplay. Acv was too slow for me so im glad to see something close to ac4/fa :blessed:

Day 1 cop fasho:myman:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yeah this a cop

Nah this is

2011-mtv-video-music-awards---arrivals.jpg

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
357_cover_spread.jpg

By most measures, From Software's success is a surprise. Not because it makes bad games; time has proven it makes some of the greatest games of all time. But because it makes incredibly difficult, obtuse games, such as the Soulsborne titles, defined by their challenge and willingness to go against common game design philosophies. From Software reached a critical and commercial apex in 2022 when it released Elden Ring, its most popular game to date by a large margin. And now that it's become a household name in the gaming world, the studio is going back to its roots.

Early in June, we flew out to Tokyo, Japan, to visit From Software to be the first people in the world to see Armored Core VI Fires of Rubicon. While the AC series has been with From for its entire history as a game developer, and has a passionate fanbase, compared to the Soulsborne games, this is a step back to an incredibly niche series. One From is now trying to bring to its massive audience.

Video editor Alex Van Aken and I have seen around two hours of the game and interviewed multiple people on the development and publishing side for our ten-page cover story, diving into the history of the series, why From is returning to Armored Core after ten years away, and what players can expect. Spoiler alert: they shouldn't expect a Souls game.