Armored Core VI: Fires Of Rubicon -Action Game of The Year- 2023

Pseudo

All Star
Daps
My favorite articles so far

Armored Core 6 sees FromSoftware reboot the series for fans, Souls players, and newcomers alike

Armored Core 6: Fires of Rubicon: l'intervista esclusiva a Masaru Yamamura e Yasunori Ogura

\> Game speed is between AC3 and ACVD, but the pacing of offense and defense is much here; they say that in general the speed of combat will feel closer to AC4.

\> They specified that drifting is a new precise mechanic of tank legs (like the hover mode of quad legs), and that they wanted to give unique behavior amd feeling to each leg type.

\> Not a big surprise, but shield are confirmed to be an optional equipment choice rather than a new generic feature.

\> They worked to make each melee weapon feel extremely unique, with different uses and animations from one another. Like in the first interview, they specify the chainsaw and laser lance in addition to what the trailers show.

\> When asked how many new weapons we're gonna see, they simply said we'll have to wait until the game releases to know, but assured there will be a "myriad" of choices, and that players will definitely not feel limited in their options.

\> Weapons are no longer mostly stats, but they will vary a lot in behavior; they said they're sure that this time around, players will be more inclined to choose what they enjoy using rather than going for the biggest numbers.

\> While they didn't say anything about FCS being there or not, they specified that the player's focus will have yo be more on your enemy's movements and finding the proper windows for you to attack, rather than your aiming, and that "there will be new elements related to that".

\> Primal Armor is confirmed to be back, alongside of course Assault Armor; being a new universe, they're of course no longer connected to Kojima technology.

\> The protagonist is a human augmented to optimize their ability to pilot an Armored Core, but the modifications also affect their ability to feel emotions. This will have an impact on the narrative.

\> Maps are now larger, more complex and more vertical compared to previous games. Shorter missions with specific objectives will return and there will be a higher variety in mission design, but we'll also have longer missions with automatic checkpoints.

\> There will be a scan feature, as seen in the trailer, that allows players to see not only the enemy's position behind obstacles, but also the contents of containers that can sometimes have "parts or other items" inside.

\> Mech customization and the assembly process has not been simplified, and it retains the same depth and complexity players can expect; they did work, however, in making sure new players will have a more intuitive introduction to customizing their mech over the course of the early game, without being bombarded by a wall of stats straight away.

\> Tuning is back and "will be much easier to understand than the assembly as a whole".

\> No surprise here, but they confirmed you can choose between having back weapons, or mounts to swap and choose between two hand weapons instead.

I'm overall very happy about all they said in the interview even if there is not that much new information, and I'm very intrigued to see what they'll do with aiming and the FCS, if we'll get a newer and improved version of [4th Gen auto tracking](https://youtu.be/lD8pat-bv5E), a souls-like lock on, or something even different.

The 25th of August can't come soon enough

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Anyone getting on multiplayer mode?

TqZ__R.gif

Last edited:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I was copping regardless, but FromSoft making this $60 for PS5/Series X when they have all the leeway possible to charge the new industry standard $70 made me pre-order off principle :wow:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
so an AC game :dead: if they add anything from Souls, it should be invasions
To me it seems like there's alot of souls influence in the combat if the trailers are a representation of the actual gameplay. Looks like there's alot of focus on enemies with attack patterns that you have to learn and dodge.

I remember combat in the older AC games was more fast paced and chaotic. There really weren't any battles against enemies with choreographed attacks, it was just mechs moving around fast shooting you.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
To me it seems like there's alot of souls influence in the combat if the trailers are a representation of the actual gameplay. Looks like there's alot of focus on enemies with attack patterns that you have to learn and dodge.

I remember combat in the older AC games was more fast paced and chaotic. There really weren't any battles against enemies with choreographed attacks, it was just mechs moving around fast shooting you.
the glory of i-frames:blessed:

Wink Beaufield

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Southeast DC
Can't wait to see the Moonlight Blade again. That weapon has been in every FromSoft game. The Elden Ring version was the Dark Moon Blade you get for completing Ranni's quest.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

i think this is indicative of a *consistent* issue with armored core marketing throughout the series

that flashy, wild missile barrage stuff is not what the game is at all. AC4A came closest to it, but even then rolling up on a mobile fortress versus a defense mission meant you had to account for very different things. missions get failed at the loadout screen, and mastery wasn't pulling off the craziest maneuvers - it was doing the most with the absolute bare minimum to keep your profit high.

AC is almost entirely mission focused. If your mission is attacking a naval yard, you're bringing an armament specifically for that because you'll generally know exactly what that type of area/faction/package is geared to do.

and the focus on choreagraphed attacks wasn''t some elegant souls-like thing either. it was considering if your machine could walk through volley fire without being flinched because you needed to make long range, penetrating attacks. or knowing what missiles can be evaded with flares versus ECM or if they were vertically fired, could they simply be strafed without wasting boost/primal armor, etc.

journalists focusing too much on "how much like Elden Ring is it?" isn't helping things. if they were gonna ask about those sorts of similarities, then it needs to be stuff like invasion mechanics or chalice equivalents

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i think this is indicative of a *consistent* issue with armored core marketing throughout the series

that flashy, wild missile barrage stuff is not what the game is at all. AC4A came closest to it, but even then rolling up on a mobile fortress versus a defense mission meant you had to account for very different things. missions get failed at the loadout screen, and mastery wasn't pulling off the craziest maneuvers - it was doing the most with the absolute bare minimum to keep your profit high.

AC is almost entirely mission focused. If your mission is attacking a naval yard, you're bringing an armament specifically for that because you'll generally know exactly what that type of area/faction/package is geared to do.

and the focus on choreagraphed attacks wasn''t some elegant souls-like thing either. it was considering if your machine could walk through volley fire without being flinched because you needed to make long range, penetrating attacks. or knowing what missiles can be evaded with flares versus ECM or if they were vertically fired, could they simply be strafed without wasting boost/primal armor, etc.

journalists focusing too much on "how much like Elden Ring is it?" isn't helping things. if they were gonna ask about those sorts of similarities, then it needs to be stuff like invasion mechanics or chalice equivalents
That’s why I said I hope people do their homework on the franchise this ain’t DS