Are you willing to lose you job to stand in something you believe strongly in?

Lil' Kartwheel

The Chicken Box Man
Daps
Reppin
The Bayou City
Yes. Especially when it comes to race. SMH@black dudes who willing work and play for CACs who don't give a damn about them such as alumnis and boosters of major white universities or corporate America.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Jobs are TOO hard to be out chea trying to make a stand because you're feelings hurt over some stuff you COULD shrug off and keep making money. You quit to make a "point" to yourself and then you get that eviction or foreclosure notice a few months later and your position at the job you quit got filled the very next day. Who wins in the end?

With that being said though......depends on the situation. If I'M being disrespected and be littled etc, I'd just have to find a way to get fired and collect unemployment and look for another job :manny:

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Say you overheard a white person refer to one of your co-workers as the black guy.And everytime they say it they give of this sarcastic laugh

Would you stand up for you race and address the issue.

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
Say you overheard a white person refer to one of your co-workers as the black guy

Most :cacs: are liike that anyways. You shouldnt let something like that bother you too much.

Shiiit look at the way we ourselves refer to white people on this site :pachaha:

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Say you overheard a white person refer to one of your co-workers as the black guy.And everytime they say it they give of this sarcastic laugh

Yea I would say something or ask them about it. But i'm not about to be on some militant stuff

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps

dont make it an issue...

it goes back to the thread I made about the obviousness/subtleness of hate...then there are overtones...

just say, white/blondie/cracker/klown face...anytime he says so, he will get the hint... while working...

like the kkkracker...say something under his breath or while laughing...could be blk buy / n word / being 1/ahead whatever it is...whatever kkklown face...and keep it moving...
dont go to hr cuz it can backfire...unless you have proof/absolute proof about use of n-word / retaliation dont go to hr/sup about race stuff...it will backfire...
but if lil kkkrackker making jokes on the low...kkklown face whatever...whatever kkklown face or pale face

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I don't have a faith anymore (thank GOD), but if it was something major that I held close to my soul, then I'd like to think I'd be courageous enough to take a stand.

I say it like that because it's easy to poke out your chest and say "I'd do this if something happened", but no one truly knows how they'd react until they're actually in a situation. However, I strongly believe I would take a stand if it was something I deemed ultra serious.

Then of course it would make it a lot easier if I knew I had another job lined up somewhere anyway lol. :lolbron:

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Most :cacs: are liike that anyways. You shouldnt let something like that bother you too much.

Shiiit look at the way we ourselves refer to white people on this site :pachaha:

You cant put me in that group. I have never used that term and never will.