Are you gonna be a 4k/30fps raytracing guy, or a 1440P/60fps guy?

We going for resolution and RT, or high Frames Per Second?

• FPS always

Votes: 27 69.2%
  • 4k and raytracing is the name of the game

Votes: 12 30.8%

• Total voters

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I recently played Sonic Generations and the framerate was ass but when I played it brand new it didn't bother me. :patrice:

So i think we'll get adjusted to whatever is given to us. I've been noticing that a lot of games have performance modes so there may be a happy medium in there

dakidblu

We Out Here!
Daps
4k 60 is good enough for me. The RT better be amazing for me ti go lower than 4k.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
I'll be honest; I couldn't care less about ray tracing.

Like, at all.

I'll take the higher FPS every single time. RT is cool, but it doesn't remotely move me on its' own.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
1440p 60fps+ is the only answer

neither console is doing 4k 60 either btw
Bro :stop:
There isn't a series x game that doesn't do what you said it's not doing :gucci:

See this the type of shyt I be talking about, Where Lying (to oneself) is mandatory and because like my nikka Dusk said, now the narrative is neither can do it justice. Can't wait for those comparisons to drop so we can all deal in realities

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I know truths hurt but I gotta ask it...

Isn't the existence of performance modes marketing PR?

Xbox is touting native 4k/60 and Sony can't really doing that so they have these "concession" modes they call performance which is checkerboard 4k with reduced effects.

But it's so they can claim to do 4k as well.

If what I just said is spot on, then the frame rate mode is king. If performance was legit it would be the default mode nah mean.

Now if they are trying to accomplish 120fps then I understand that being a different mode option. Otherwise don't expect much ppl...

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know truths hurt but I gotta ask it...

Isn't the existence of performance modes marketing PR?

Xbox is touting native 4k/60 and Sony can't really doing that so they have these "concession" modes they call performance which is checkerboard 4k with reduced effects.

But it's so they can claim to do 4k as well.

If what I just said is spot on, then the frame rate mode is king. If performance was legit it would be the default mode nah mean.

Now if they are trying to accomplish 120fps then I understand that being a different mode option. Otherwise don't expect much ppl...

I doubt either console will do 60fps 4k with ray tracing on..