Are we(blk ppl) really the culture if we don’t control who gets ‘cancelled’ and who doesn’t ?

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
I understand we aren’t able to control whether a rapper or artist gets dropped or not but Im talcn about when an artist falls out of public light because he did something cacs think is offensive ?

How do we say we “move the culture “ when Kanye can say slavery was a choice, George Floyd was a drug addict, things that offend black ppl and that didn’t affect his career yet DaBaby went on his on stage rant and basically was shunned and had to stop doing shows.

The culture should decide wether or not an artist can still sell a show, not angry cacs

The fact that our artist can’t eat just based of us messsing with them says maybe cacs are just as much of the culture as we are :yeshrug:

ReasonableMatic

Daps
KoonYe: Slavery was a choice!!
:patrice::jbhmm::ehh: He makes good beats, so..

KoonYe: I am a Nazi!!
:patrice::jbhmm::ehh: He makes good sneakers, so..

Boosie: African Americans are the worst “race” in the world!!
:patrice::jbhmm::ehh: He Christian, gets Black ppl killed
and hates LGBT. He solid, he a street nikka.

R Kelly: **pisses on an underage girl on cam**
:patrice::jbhmm::ehh: He makes good songs.

Koondace Owens: George Floyd wasn’t killed!!
:patrice::jbhmm::ehh: Let’s get her on the BreakfastClub,
we need diversity in political thought.

Math Hoffa: Kanye was right, slavery was a choice!!
:patrice::jbhmm::ehh: He has good interviews, I’m tuned in.

Trump: **Says the most blatant racist white supremacist dog whistles. Removes essential resources that took decades to acquire.
Puts white supremacists at the highest positions of power**
:patrice::jbhmm::ehh: I like my racism out in the open.
He’s entertaining, I fux with Trump #BothSides.

Other minorities: **see disrespect and cancel in unison at a high succes rate**
OMG,the Agenda! “They” have mystical power:damn::damn::damn:

A herd of big ass elephants are in the room for ALL of us to see,
but we still gonna pretend they ain’t there and don’t understand why we don’t have power.

Last edited:

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
We just make the Culture, we don't own that shyt if you are reliant on getting your money from CACs.

Why does Corey Holcomb get money saying what he says but Jonathan Majors gotta beg the power structure for another shot?

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
How do we say we “move the culture “ when Kanye can say slavery was a choice, George Floyd was a drug addict, things that offend black ppl and that didn’t affect his career yet DaBaby went on his on stage rant and basically was shunned and had to stop doing shows.

Bad example. Kanye like Michael Jackson and R Kelly already captured the hearts of the globe with their music before their controversy. DaBaby made disposable genZ rap that didn't captivate the globe like that so he was easy to cancel.

You're gonna have to use a better example.

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Bad example. Kanye like Michael Jackson and R Kelly already captured the hearts of the globe with their music before their controversy. DaBaby made disposable genZ rap that didn't captivate the globe like that so he was easy to cancel.

You're gonna have to use a better example.
No I don’t.

DaBaby went from hot rapper to can’t tour overnight all because he offended cacs

That’s not black ppl controlling the culture

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I understand we aren’t able to control whether a rapper or artist gets dropped or not but Im talcn about when an artist falls out of public light because he did something cacs think is offensive ?

The culture should decide wether or not an artist can still sell a show, not angry cacs

The fact that our artist can’t eat just based of us messsing with them says maybe cacs are just as much of the culture as we are :yeshrug:
Dababy was propped up by and cancelled by the machine. If he kept making good songs he could still perform on the chitlin circuit like boosie

timeless

All Star
Daps

Kanye says A LOT of off the wall things and it seems he's been labeled as crazy. So even if he says something offensive, he has that label to fall back on.

DaBaby said something tone deaf and didn't have a crazy label to fall back on. He was just being an a$$hole towards people with HIV. It didn't help that he has a history of violence and shooting folks.

cheek100

Truuu
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
We don’t own shyt so it’s not ours to control

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Kanye says A LOT of off the wall things and it seems he's been labeled as crazy. So even if he says something offensive, he has that label to fall back on.

DaBaby said something tone deaf and didn't have a crazy label to fall back on. He was just being an a$$hole towards people with HIV. It didn't help that he has a history of violence and shooting folks.
Since when does that stop blacc ppl from supporting rappers ?

Daps
black people can easily prevent the cancellation of popular black artists who fall out of favor with the dominant society.

but because we crave the acceptance of white people, placing their approval over our function as gatekeepers, we toe the line and go along to get along.

:unimpressed:

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
No I don’t.

DaBaby went from hot rapper to can’t tour overnight all because he offended cacs

That’s not black ppl controlling the culture

You didn't pay attention to what I said. Kanye didn't get cancelled because he already captivated the hearts of the masses. Once you have their hearts you gonna get passes like Michael Jackson and R Kelly did. What Kanye said about Jews got white folks mad too and he still went #1 with his next album. So it's obviously not just about getting cacs mad that can get someone canceled. It has to do with who has or hasn't captivated the hearts of the masses on a major scale and DaBaby never captured the hearts of the masses like Kanye.

Also..

You're implying that we as Black people should say who in our culture should be cancelled but Hip Hop consumers are 70% white so by the numbers we don't even have a majority say so, so your statement about controlling who gets cancelled has flaws due to the numbers.

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
You didn't pay attention to what I said. Kanye didn't get cancelled because he already captivated the hearts of the masses. Once you have their hearts you gonna get passes like Michael Jackson and R Kelly did. What Kanye said about Jews got white folks mad too and he still went #1 with his next album. So it's obviously not about getting cacs mad that can get someone canceled. It has to do with who has or hasn't captivated the hearts of the masses on a major scale and DaBaby never captured the hearts of the masses like Kanye.

Also..

You're implying that we as Black people should say who in our culture should be cancelled but Hip Hop consumers are 70% white so by the numbers we don't even have a majority say so, so your statement about controlling who gets cancelled has flaws due to the numbers.
Shut yo bytch ass up