Are people still denying 2023 is not gonna be the GOAT year in gaming?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Star Wars in two weeks, TATTED Tears of The Kindom after that, Devil IV dropping early June, followed by the return of Street Fighter, followed by the Return of Final Fantasy….

Then by summers end you got Baldurs Gate 3 :whew: , Starfield right after that, Spider-Man 2…who knows what else. Thats on top of what already came out

Yall can’t even tell me you know what the 6 GOTY Nominees are gonna be.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I hope Starfield is as good as I imagine. That might not be game of the year for everybody, but my favorite type of games are open-world WRPGs. I'm gonna eat. Spidey 2 should be good too. I'm looking forward to Baldur's Gate 3, but I'm skeptical it will live up to the hype. I hope I'm wrong.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Looks like it's going to surpass 2017. I just wonder if there is going to be some dark horse that shows up and ends up GOTY that no one saw coming.

There always is, i didn’t even mention the bigger-smaller games, like Silksong, Plucky Squire, etc. By the end of June we gonna have anew set of games announced

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
There always is, i didn’t even mention the bigger-smaller games, like Silksong, Plucky Squire, etc. By the end of June we gonna have anew set of games announced
Yup it happens every time, so I'm interested to see what game shows up and makes everyone forget about Zelda, ff16, resident evil 4, Diablo 4, street fighter 6 and Starfield :wow:. Gotta be one hell of a game to do that but it can happen. And it's always some relatively low budget game. Everyone is starting to say Zelda tears of the kingdom will be game of the year, but I think since it builds off BOTW it won't seem as ground breaking, which leaves room for another game to take the crown. I could be wrong though.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
there was something magical about 2017 and switch dropping with Zelda and Mario in the same year along with a new console that started a trend.

If Series X and PS5 dropped this year then maybe.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man I could make a DUMB long list, I love some of the goated years of the past. But remove nostalgia and 2023 is shaping up to be the GOAT year of all time with major Triple A games, double A games and indies for almost every genre.

Nostalgia more so than game releases is really what has a lot of yall locked into certain years.
:sas1:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Can't see it being a goated year when it's April and the two biggest games so far are remakes :mjlol:

Starfield, Diablo 4, and star wars are probably the games I'm looking forward to the most. Might pick up spiderman but I think I'll probably catch it on sale since the first 3 are gonna eat a lot of time