Are high end headphone worth it since they aren't sweat proof?

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I wish I could rock Bluetooth headphones but I make music and audition music with my headphones so I gotta keep the wires :flabbynsick:

Bluetooth headphones have delay even if it's micro seconds you try and make a beat with those your timings will be jacked

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I wish I could rock Bluetooth headphones but I make music and audition music with my headphones so I gotta keep the wires :flabbynsick:

Bluetooth headphones have delay even if it's micro seconds you try and make a beat with those your timings will be jacked

most bluetooth cans have wired cords iirc.

I personally don't know how people rock those in ear joints in the gym. been over ear for near a decade and it just feels perfect

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Just be careful if you wear over ear headphones. I broke 2 different pairs doing pull ups. Like another poster said keep a pack of wet wipes in your gym bag and use them when you're finished.

I use ear buds now. Sound quality isn't as good but the headphones aren't always falling off my head. It's also more comfortable not having something on my head for a long time, but that's just me.

The headphones were the Sony MDRXB950N1. I think these are the older more clunky version of the XM4s.

The earbuds I use now are Sony WF-XB700

If you get the xm4s and you enjoy using them at the gym let us know. I might convert back over.

EDIT: Another trick for if you use over the ear leather headphones in the gym is to wrap the ear pieces with pieces of fabric softener.

Last edited:

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Given elevated breathing and heartrate are heard via bone induction, I don't see any benefits of paying high dollars for workout headphones. The loudness of your body will severely reduce the potential signal to noise ratio of any headphone you wear, minimizing large differences in sound quality. Add in most cheap headphones offer DSP and EQ in-app, you can tune any headphone to give a relatively flat frequency response. While good noise-cancelling does cost more, again, it will only reduce external noise, and not the noise coming from inside your body. I personally wear in-ear buds, but if I were to use over-the-ear headphone while working out, I would definitely buy a brand/model where extra earpads can be purchased separately, so I can clean and rotate them. $100 max for workout headphones. Now for home use, I wouldn't poo poo anyone looking to spend $5k on a set of cans (As long as they aren't Apple or Monster).

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
I actually have an issue, I want some wireless earphones but everyone is one of those awful designs that goe into your ear and raped them(also no way they don't fukk with your hearing overtime)

And its way to hot over here for headphoned, they actually make me sweat.

I'm stuck with wired over the ear earphones, they are comfortable and so small that don't feel like your ears are in a sauna, the only issue is the damn wire.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Just be careful if you wear over ear headphones. I broke 2 different pairs doing pull ups. Like another poster said keep a pack of wet wipes in your gym bag and use them when you're finished.

I use ear buds now. Sound quality isn't as good but the headphones aren't always falling off my head. It's also more comfortable not having something on my head for a long time, but that's just me.

The headphones were the Sony MDRXB950N1. I think these are the older more clunky version of the XM4s.

The earbuds I use now are Sony WF-XB700

If you get the xm4s and you enjoy using them at the gym let us know. I might convert back over.

EDIT: Another trick for if you use over the ear leather headphones in the gym is to wrap the ear pieces with pieces of fabric softener.
I don’t see how people wear headphones in the gym. Just seems uncomfortable in comparison to earbuds. My Jabra Elite 7 Active get the job done very well in the gym and on occasion the AirPods Pro 2 or Momentum True Wireless 3.

I be seeing people with stuff like Beats Studio headphones on. Seems like it would make one sweat more.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Highly recommend Sennheiser...Thanks to them I finally heard there was a whole convo going on in the background of Somebody's Gotta Die

Can't even be bothered to listen to any cheap headphones ever again:scust:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
years ago now I had these Sol Republic over ear headphones
this was before AirPods though
you're better off using AirPods
not the maxes those are horrible for gym

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Love my xm4s. Been holding me down for a minute. Bout to pair them with the Sony Bluetooth record player