Are Early Adopters Always "Suckers" At This Point?

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
suckers unless they can afford it for the most part. why so many people take this shyt too seriously.

definitely let the narrative carry too much water for some stuff too. i'll always point to The Division shyt from the sidelines for not matching the trailers - meanwhile in game, the dark zone was *never* as much as fun as it was early on ever again.

some stuff you legit have to be there for early to get an authentic experience.

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
suckers unless they can afford it for the most part. why so many people take this shyt too seriously.

definitely let the narrative carry too much water for some stuff too. i'll always point to The Division shyt from the sidelines for not matching the trailers - meanwhile in game, the dark zone was *never* as much as fun as it was early on ever again.

some stuff you legit have to be there for early to get an authentic experience.
I agree when it comes to pvp multiplayer games it’s almost always better to get in there early when everyone sucks at the game and is still trying to figure shyt out instead of 6 months to a year down the line when a meta forms and the only ones still playing are the sweaty tryhards

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
On a more serious tone, I look at it like this.

Since I still buy physical, if I don't get it at launch, chances are, for most games, I will never find it in the future. Additionally, since I know that these developers/publishers look at these early returns, my purchase is a +1 to their tally.

Lastly, this is my 'thing.' Gaming has always been my #1 hobby. I was like a lot of kids that used to say, 'when I grow up, I'm going to...' It's like Dr. Dre and wearing a new pair of Air Force 1's every day or Bomani Jones never wearing the same pair of socks twice. For me, it's pulling up on release day to get a new game or device. Irrespective of it I play it soon or not. Now, that speaks from a position of privilege to be able to afford it but since I can?

[Fabolous]Meet me at the register, I'm there on the regular[/Fabolous]

:myman:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Its funny when you think about it :mjlol:

Buying games day one or pre ordering games is literally buying an item when its the most expensive and the most broken and has the least amount of playability value:mjlol:

No doubt I am going to play starfied...eventually :mjlol:

This doesn't apply to Zelda and Mario games though...they always release in perfect condition :wow:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's always been like that for all things electronic.

The The thing is with video games now being trendy and cool and big social media events is that people want to be party of the conversation around a game while it's hot. Not months later when no one is talking about it.

People fomo into buying whatever the popular game is just to be part of a conversation around it or to say they own it.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Broke Gamer Babble
Really wealthy people are all about running up the score. When you got real money it's about how much of it you can hoard not how much you can blow. Being strategic with your spending doesn't mean you're broke it means you're wise.