Are Early Adopters Always "Suckers" At This Point?

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
since we are in the era of paying full price to beta test products, are early adopters just suckers at this point? :coffee:

my never-ending backlog made it so I never buy any game at launch anyway and only get them months, if not years down the line when they are all patched up and running as intended. it's worked out wonderfully honestly and I see no reason to ever change now since I get to play these games at their best. for example I played Cyberpunk once the 1.5 patch hit and now it's one of my favourite games of all time. Who knows how I would have felt about that game had I played the original bug-filled version at launch :yayo:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yes.

They cash in on your lack of self control.

I actually don’t see it as a “bad” thing. They just need to be more honest about it.

I think all games should be honest about it an release in “early access” and maybe give early adopters some perk or free content for the support while they finish making the game the best it can be.

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It's the main reason why I've gone back to renting games vs buying them.

One of my friends has been bytching about how bad Jedi Survivor has been. Thankfully for him he's only rented that shyt. Too many times developers release games in an unfinished state - with the lazy mindset of fixing it 5-6 months down the line. These people know their games aren't finished, but release it anyway, with very little concern except a half baked apology from their PR department.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
since we are in the era of paying full price to beta test products, are early adopters just suckers at this point? :coffee:

my never-ending backlog made it so I never buy any game at launch anyway and only get them months, if not years down the line when they are all patched up and running as intended. it's worked out wonderfully honestly and I see no reason to ever change now since I get to play these games at their best. for example I played Cyberpunk once the 1.5 patch hit and now it's one of my favourite games of all time. Who knows how I would have felt about that game had I played the original bug-filled version at launch :yayo:
At this point? They always were suckers. There's mostly never been any sort of advantage to buying products early. You pay more for an inferior product.

When it comes to video game software this is especially true. In a year or so the complete edition with all the DLC will come out and cost less than people paid day 1 for just the base game. If not that they the price will drastically fall on the base game. At one point Cyberpunk could be had for $10. People paid $60 for a worse version.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
At this point it’s pretty much a guarantee you’re going to get a much more polished product out of a game the longer you wait

Pre-ordering games should be reserved for your favorite franchises or developers. Marketing hype can make any game look good regardless of the actual state it’s in

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I mean if you got the money does it really matter?

I like new promising tech. Bought CX OLED day one. Bought the PS5 and PSVR2 day one. PS5 disk drive broke, not a bad run for a day one console. I'm buying another when Sony releases the updated version

And y'all keep buying games from terrible Developers, so what do you expect?:heh: Cyberpunk 2077 was probably the only game I bought the past 5 years that was broken.

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
I've started to realize that when it comes to these new games. Best to let the game sit for a few months, get the patches it should've had on day one, then purchase at a cheaper price. I'm glad I did that with Forbidden West, the performance mode was fixed by the time I got to it.

I'm clearing up my backlog in the meantime. Fromsoft games are the only ones I'm guaranteed to buy day one just for my love of their gameplay