Capitol

Did this work
Daps
ugk.jpg

Is there supposed to be a point here?

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Double albums were a gift to the fans when cats had been gone since forever, Big didn't release any albums between 94 and his death. Pac got locked up and people were anticipating him like he had been gone since forever. The Wu were doing a comeback as a group after 4-5 years..

But I don't think random album should be double albums, there has been some underground double albums, Nas's SD was probably the latest.

TheMoor

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Illnoize
Food and Liquor 2 gonna be a double album, not liking what I'm hearing from it so far tho

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Maybe they should start giving away a mixtape or something as a second album. Like right before Ross dropped Teflon Don. He should have included the Albert Anastasia EP as a second disc or something. But it's so hard to make 20 plus songs of decent music maybe the idea is dead.

Albert Pujols

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I fukks with it if its a group like diplomatic immunity, MMG should've dropped a double album. shyt is basically jus ta collection of songs more than an actual album.

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
I just made your statement looked like trash

All you did was point out that you are a UGK stan:leostare:. nikkas stan every double album made. Doesn't mean there was any reason they couldn't have condensed it into a smaller, better album:skip:

Meta4tony

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i think flo rida has the right idea his album has 9 songs cuz aint no one gonna buy it anyways. Albums used to be a collection of singles

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Double albums still exist in other genres (classical, jazz, doom-type metal), but those are for narrow audiences, and are actually necessary. For example, some of the songs in those genres are like 15-25 minutes long.

Rap rarely, if ever, has 15-25 minute long songs, so double-discs are unnecessary. Plus, like dude said above, most consumers just buy singles nowadays. I double-disc is a waste of money and risky for record companies