Are doctors really telling obese people that they are perfectly healthy nowadays ?

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
depends on what you mean by obese

using a stupid BMI calculator ain’t gonna tell you shyt about how healthy a person is.

there are tests and vital signs that will give you the full picture. being a “healthy weight” is never a bad thing, but if you got a fast metabolism you could still have a horrible diet and be clogging your arteries. you could also be a skinny person with a drug problem or some other that shyt that is technically putting your health more at risk than the “obese” person.

i guess it really depends on our definition of obese.

lespaulultra3

All Star
Daps
Stress eating is your answer
I was and still am a stress eater
Being a nurse is nothing but stress
Especially working in a children’s hospital
And if it isn’t stress
It’s another undisclosed issue not visible to the eyes
Obesity can be tied to multiple things not just food/body education
So on the surface, those women present like they have everything together with skill
But you don’t know what’s going on at home/internally

I never thought about that but it makes sense when you mention that. Nurses especially ER nurses get paid good but it's litterally 8-16 hours of non stop stress. Computers beeping, EMS patients, cardiac arrests. shyt never stops. I can see how food would be an escape.

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Obese no

But americas fascination that a belly means ya fat is weird. Aint no animal in tye wild with a 6 pack and abs. They all big ass beasts plenty of fat and muscle. Ive seen people with like 10% bodyfat call themselves fat. Its a sickness of the mind.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
You can be obese and not have elevated levels of various metabolic disorders or hypertension. Technically your body is still functioning healthily but of course it’s not healthy to be obese and it could cause damage later. Plenty of doctors will still tell those patients to lose weight to preserve their health