Are desktop PCs dead?

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Desktops are dying, the only places keeping desktops in work environments is for longevity of their systems and not a remote business dynamic.
But desktops will never go away, Nvidia mainly is funded by gamers which has cheapen the pricing of enterprise graphics. Intel still providing more consumer side products will continue to push out desktops to keep a upper (xeon) to lower range i7, i5, i3's to keep full deck of the entire market - same has AMD.

Laptops are the new standard of Pc's (Tablets have taken a seat back in overall market) and it's been like that for what feels like over a decade now. But the only true way to kill off desktops is if they kill off servers and they will not find another means to servers in our lifetime.

I assign everyone who works for me both. Laptops are mainly used for travel and remote work. Most average grade laptops degrade after a year or two now, it's not worth the headache for centralized businesses.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Desktops will go away when you can upgrade processors and motherboards in laptops with same ease as doing it on a desktop. Laptops are just convenient to carry around, but sitting at a desktop and doing things there will always be way more comfortable, in my opinion. Sitting at the desk with just a monitor, keyboard, and mouse and everything "permanently" setup vs being hunched over a laptop with a smaller screen, smaller keyboard, sometimes you gotta use a bunch of wires and adapters and shyt. :francis:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
SScF.gif

:gucci:Breh I'm fitting to build a new shrine come next year. This shyt will never stop unless cloud streaming becomes a force that doesn't wreck a internet connection.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
hate laptops
mine broke didnt even replace it
my desktop pc cost 2500 though all the bells and whistles got a gaming caliber pc and i dont even pc game
wanted to twitch stream and all that lol

Exactly. Laptops are a pain in the ass due to the lack of durability and the ability to upgrade from them. The hardware is too current day at this moment sadly. It sucks because I used to love laptops, but had issues with them:

• Overheating
  • Faulty hardware
  • Limitations
  • shytty for deep gaming
Meanwhile, my potato which I built a few years ago still going strong after a few hardware hiccups (PSU dying, CPU issues, etc).