Are American Mosques drama filled like Christian churches?

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Some masjids do, some don't. Those that don't ,women pray behind men as it's a man's job to lead in prayer.

For the most part there's no fukkery at masjids. It's mostly a place of prayer and if you disrespect it...well..

That said, there's internal debates. For example during Ramadan we have a mass prayer called Tarawih where we pray multiple prostrations in remembrance of God as we recite the Quran. During this, little kids that came with parents will often be in the back playing, wrestling, making noise. Some people hate this and find it distracting and the children need to settle, others say it comes with the territory.

The biggest drama that we have is about shoes. At the masjid you always take your shoes off. Some people take this as an opportunity to steal really good shoes but it rarely happens and most masjids have live feed security cameras due to Islamphobia so they're often caught. This is why many just go in sandals, aside from the convenience factor and not having to sit down and tie your shoes.

There is some slight racial tension. Most Muslim brothers are kind and treatment in kind if they're not black but others treat black people poorly and don't give salams back. That being said they're a vast, vast minority and I feel good attending pretty much any masjid.

Other than that, masjids are mostly drama free and spirit-filled. If you're interested, just go one day when there's no one there in like late afternoon after duhr or something and it's nice and empty and you can just feel Allah's love upon you and it draws you into a meditative state.

my homie is originally from Senegal and has been begging me 2 come with him forever.....

I believe in a higher power......

but I've always had issues with organized religion. I've tried different churches and its always the same story.

I've done bad things and don't always live right......I'm conflicted TBH....and I really don't feel remorse for any of it or want forgiveness. I don't think I deserve it TBH.

But I do have a good heart and currently do the right thing. At this point in my lyfe I would much rather be righteous than foul.

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
my homie is originally from Senegal and has been begging me 2 come with him forever.....

I believe in a higher power......

but I've always had issues with organized religion. I've tried different churches and its always the same story.

I've done bad things and don't always live right......I'm conflicted TBH....and I really don't feel remorse for any of it or want forgiveness. I don't think I deserve it TBH.

But I do have a good heart and currently do the right thing. At this point in my lyfe I would much rather be righteous than foul.
Whatever you do is up to you. If you need a nice place to meditate and just think or need help try a local masjid. We will assist you. If you need food or drink, drop on by.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I tagged you in another thread about Brand Nubian because you mentioned that story of how you were kicking mathematics on your block
full
And got hard pressed by some OG's.
full

That visual had me .. :russ:

Then you said "My wack ass crew didnt even help" :mjcry:

:dead:

LMFAO yea that shyt happened :russ:

brehs were not playing around I was young and stoopid.

a lot of my favorite rappers are down with that shyt I didn't know how serious it was :dead:

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
Thats kinda what spawned this thread.

I started having flashbacks of church fukkery and why I went the "spiritual" route to begin with.
Aight you should have posted the thread because drama has a wide girth of a definition.

One time one of the ministers at my old church was caught cheating. The woman he cheated with went to the church during a board meeting and said she had an affair with him. He was put on pastoral probation for a few months and it was all forgotten. His wife was publicly embarrassed is still with him.

At that church growing up they would air church drama and grievances in the middle of service. If you did that in Islam you would be slapped in the face as the masjid is for salat and service to Allah.

I have never seen anything remotely like that in a masjid.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Aight you should have posted the thread because drama has a wide girth of a definition.

One time one of the ministers at my old church was caught cheating. The woman he cheated with went to the church during a board meeting and said she had an affair with him. He was put on pastoral probation for a few months and it was all forgotten. His wife was publicly embarrassed is still with him.

I didn't wanna come across like I'm shytting on christianity....plus I just be free styling my threads there aint much thought 2 it.......

im not that smart TBH :manny: