Are American Mosques drama filled like Christian churches?

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
the issue isnt the room the people are in when they are at the mosque/church...

the drama comes from issues that the congregation brings to the church from outside situations

From my experiences there was always a lot of side-eyeing during service.
I've even heard pastors lowkey throw subliminals :russ:

After service everyone would hang....break bread etc.....a lot of activities occurred AT the church outside of service.

The lines kinda blurred if that makes sense.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Low key the only Christians in America that seem to take their faith seriously are the Amish.

They don't protect pedophiles

They are strict pacifists and don't engage in any violence

They mind their own business and stay out of politics.

They take care of their own and make sure everyone has access to medicine, food, clothing etc. Regardless of mental or physical health problems.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Low key the only Christians in America that seem to take their faith seriously are the Amish.

They don't protect pedophiles

They are strict pacifists and don't engage in any violence

They mind their own business and stay out of politics.

They take care of their own and make sure everyone has access to medicine, food, clothing etc. Regardless of mental or physical health problems.

Not 2 sound weird....but a lot of Muslim brehs seem really masculine, disciplined, and traditional.

They always give off an empowered aura.

:dame:

I assume its a whole different vybe in there.

I know people are people....I've never been to a mosque :manny:

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
they prolly have a whole other room for the women to worship......

I wonder if there services are gender segregated or am I stereotyping :jbhmm:
Some masjids do, some don't. Those that don't ,women pray behind men as it's a man's job to lead in prayer.

For the most part there's no fukkery at masjids. It's mostly a place of prayer and if you disrespect it...well..

That said, there's internal debates. For example during Ramadan we have a mass prayer called Tarawih where we pray multiple prostrations in remembrance of God as we recite the Quran. During this, little kids that came with parents will often be in the back playing, wrestling, making noise. Some people hate this and find it distracting and the children need to settle, others say it comes with the territory.

The biggest drama that we have is about shoes. At the masjid you always take your shoes off. Some people take this as an opportunity to steal really good shoes but it rarely happens and most masjids have live feed security cameras due to Islamphobia so they're often caught. This is why many just go in sandals, aside from the convenience factor and not having to sit down and tie your shoes.

There is some slight racial tension. Most Muslim brothers are kind and treatment in kind if they're not black but others treat black people poorly and don't give salams back. That being said they're a vast, vast minority and I feel good attending pretty much any masjid.

Other than that, masjids are mostly drama free and spirit-filled. If you're interested, just go one day when there's no one there in like late afternoon after duhr or something and it's nice and empty and you can just feel Allah's love upon you and it draws you into a meditative state.

Hater Eraser

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
That California Lifestyle ...
They say Elijah had hella side pieces and drama cracking ...
full

443b1222-a7d7-4761-892e-fa3ce3083bef_text.gif

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
From my experiences there was always a lot of side-eyeing during service.
I've even heard pastors lowkey throw subliminals :russ:

After service everyone would hang....break bread etc.....a lot of activities occurred AT the church outside of service.

The lines kinda blurred if that makes sense.

The only time I've heard low key sublimals was when the Imam said during a Khutbah (sermon) to wear a Kufi to mark yourself as a Muslim male to bring honor to Allah. I walked in without a kufi. :mjcry:
They say Elijah had hella side pieces and drama cracking ...

443b1222-a7d7-4761-892e-fa3ce3083bef_text.gif
The Nation isn't islam and yes he did.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Interesting question.

Also, not to bring gender in the forefront but i wonder if the women side has more drama in mosques