Arcane & Castlevania changed my mind about video game adaptations

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
Recently finished Arcane:LoL on Netflix and am still like, goddamn...:ohlawd:!!! It easily ranks among the best shyt I watched in 2021. The animation is crazy and must've been stupid expensive. The writing and plot are dope. And to think I would've never given it a chance had other people not been so insistent. So then I thought to give Castlevania a chance and it's equally as good. I'm feeling dumb for holding off so long. I guess the Witcher will be next after I finish Castelvania. Now I'm wondering if I need to give LoL (the game) a chance even though I don't do MOBA type shyt. Is the lore really this interesting or was this just like some really well written fanfic stuff? Same with Castlevania. I played a few GBA and DS games but, damn, Konami hitting like this :whew:?

I can't speak for LoL but Castlevania doesn't have much of a story. Maybe there's a lorebook or something that gives all the details but it seems like the writers just made up the story and used characters and settings from the games. The games themselves have minimal story so all they had to do was hit a few beats here and there. Check out Symphony of the Night because it's classic but the show is kind of its own thing.

If you don't mess with MOBAs the story isn't gonna change that. Playing the games got fukk all to do with the story

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Recently finished Arcane:LoL on Netflix and am still like, goddamn...:ohlawd:!!! It easily ranks among the best shyt I watched in 2021. The animation is crazy and must've been stupid expensive. The writing and plot are dope. And to think I would've never given it a chance had other people not been so insistent. So then I thought to give Castlevania a chance and it's equally as good. I'm feeling dumb for holding off so long. I guess the Witcher will be next after I finish Castelvania. Now I'm wondering if I need to give LoL (the game) a chance even though I don't do MOBA type shyt. Is the lore really this interesting or was this just like some really well written fanfic stuff? Same with Castlevania. I played a few GBA and DS games but, damn, Konami hitting like this :whew:?
Video game animated adaptations can be fine. The real problem is video game live action movie adaptations. Consistently terrible.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
If the next castlevania game ain’t on par with the story telling or visuals of the Netflix series then it will be a disappointment off the jump.
I'm saying though! Show has obviously gained the series lots of new fans. Will be a shame of Konami doesn't capitalize with a proper story, graphics, presentation etc.

I can't speak for LoL but Castlevania doesn't have much of a story. Maybe there's a lorebook or something that gives all the details but it seems like the writers just made up the story and used characters and settings from the games. The games themselves have minimal story so all they had to do was hit a few beats here and there. Check out Symphony of the Night because it's classic but the show is kind of its own thing.

If you don't mess with MOBAs the story isn't gonna change that. Playing the games got fukk all to do with the story
Thanks for explaining. LOL I was questioning myself like, "wait...has the story always been this dope?" I can't remember which ones I played on DS but it was always just a mindless metroidvania with good gameplay to me.