Arcane & Castlevania changed my mind about video game adaptations

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
Recently finished Arcane:LoL on Netflix and am still like, goddamn...:ohlawd:!!! It easily ranks among the best shyt I watched in 2021. The animation is crazy and must've been stupid expensive. The writing and plot are dope. And to think I would've never given it a chance had other people not been so insistent. So then I thought to give Castlevania a chance and it's equally as good. I'm feeling dumb for holding off so long. I guess the Witcher will be next after I finish Castelvania. Now I'm wondering if I need to give LoL (the game) a chance even though I don't do MOBA type shyt. Is the lore really this interesting or was this just like some really well written fanfic stuff? Same with Castlevania. I played a few GBA and DS games but, damn, Konami hitting like this :whew:?

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
@breakfuss You were hating on Street Fighter the animated movie?:troll:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

street-fighter-street-fighter2.gif

Last edited:

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
Arcane is up there with spiderverse for me in terms of animation
Exactly what it reminded me of. I hope more studios start working with this style but I'm guessing it's more expensive.
I haven't seen Arcane yet but Castlevania is fire.
Indeed. It honestly has me wanting to play Castelvania. Didn't know the story was this engrossing. And the fight scenes crazy.
@breakfuss You were hating on Street Fighter the animated movie?:troll:
I want to say I've seen this but I might be thinking of the cartoon series. Looks dope though. I wasn't singling out animated shyt btw, just meant generally we've gotten some bad adaptations (mostly live action) over the years. Some of it's watchable...but these Netflix joints is like top-tier shyt and I'm shocked at how good they've been.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Exactly what it reminded me of. I hope more studios start working with this style but I'm guessing it's more expensive.

Indeed. It honestly has me wanting to play Castelvania. Didn't know the story was this engrossing. And the fight scenes crazy.

I want to say I've seen this but I might be thinking of the cartoon series. Looks dope though. I wasn't singling out animated shyt btw, just meant generally we've gotten some bad adaptations (mostly live action) over the years. Some of it's watchable...but these Netflix joints is like top-tier shyt and I'm shocked at how good they've been.

Yea, I'm a Castlevania stan, ever since 1987.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps

it’s all good , I just wanted a reason to post the gifs :dead:

I’m going to watch Arcane next week