(Appreciation)Johnny "Guitar" Watson

UNCLE JAM

Pro
Daps
I always liked this track:

Johnny and Larry were some real brehs. Larry was murdered under shady circumstances.

Both he and Johnny were in some real pimp shyt.

Yeah Larry was out their pimpin for real!

Bman's Blues Report: SO MUCH TROUBLE - LARRY WILLIAMS

Larry_Williams.jpg

517GjOvg63L.jpg

THIS WAS MY shyt!!

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
@Taadow I kept racking my brain:mindblown: cause while I didn't recall JGW making "hook me up" I did remember another old head blues guy out around that time.:patrice:

:ehh:
Finally remembered it was johnny taylor good love album.
31ru7cU6-dL.jpg

As said before most of that stuff was music my granddaddy nem listened to ....but "hook me up" and "good love" was actually on RAP / R&B stations at the time.
While I knew of Johnny Taylor album i didn't know of Johnny "Guitar" Watson "bow wow" album, or who made "hook me up". I just know I heard the song all the time.

Last edited:

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
@Taadow I kept racking my brain:mindblown: cause while I didn't recall JGW making "hook me up" I did remember another old head blues guy out around that time.:patrice:

:ehh:
Finally remembered it was johnny taylor good love album.
31ru7cU6-dL.jpg

As said before most of that stuff was music my granddaddy nem listened to ....but "hook me up" and "good love" was actually on RAP / R&B stations at the time.
While I knew of Johnny Taylor album i didn't know of Johnny "Guitar" Watson "bow wow" album, or who made "hook me up". I just know I heard the song all the time.

Yeah, that was really the last time the “urban” stations were still playing the new music the OGs put out -
before the markets started having the “classic R&B”/no rap/Tom Joyner in the Morning” stations. We all
used to hear the same thing. Some other cuts from that era was

Al Green - Everything’s Gonna Be All Right
Ann Nesby - I’m Still Wearing Your Name
Peggy Scott-Adams - Bill

Eza

King Shiit
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
That 'Bow Wow' album used to be our soundtrack on our 2 and a half hour drive every Saturday to see my big bro at Juvenile Camp..

'Never too late' :banderas::banderas: