AppleTV and Ridley Scott present Joaquin Phoenix as Napolean, with Vanessa Kirby, In Theatres Thanksgiving

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Can't wait until this comes out

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
F2It3OUWcAER98y

mitter

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This looks really good, and I think Phoenix will do a great job, but I think he is way too old for the role. He would have been perfect 15-20 years ago.

Anyway, I am really excited to see this.

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
I mean the movie just doesnt seem to make a whole lot of sense. i feel like too much time has passed to try and romanticize this dude all around. Phoenix looks tired af. No one really fuks with Napoleon like that. they may as well do Columbus at this point as well. young johnny depp would have been best, nowadays i dont even know. seems like a movie ridley scott wanted to make decades ago and decided fukk it why not circle the block.

mitter

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean the movie just doesnt seem to make a whole lot of sense. i feel like too much time has passed to try and romanticize this dude all around. Phoenix looks tired af. No one really fuks with Napoleon like that. they may as well do Columbus at this point as well. young johnny depp would have been best, nowadays i dont even know. seems like a movie ridley scott wanted to make decades ago and decided fukk it why not circle the block.

Scott has an unfortunate tendency to cast right right actor at the wrong time.

Gladiator era Russell Crowe would have been great in Robin Hood. Instead, we got a fat, old and tired Crowe portraying a young Robin Hood.

Gladiator era Joaquin Phoenix would have been perfect as Napolean. Now he looks way too old.