Apple’s iPhone Passcode Problem: 4-6 digits and a stolen phone ruin lives

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
It was my Paypal because I called them and they said my Paypal had some transactions done and then the account was closed over the weekend which is not my doing. Now I have to recreate a new Paypal account smh.

I know with Xoom you have to use your real name to match your Gov ID as it won't allow the funds to be picked up at the office without it.
Damn. Hopefully they get you straight because the only thing I hate more than a Sony Stan is a thief.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I guarantee you this negligence by Apple is due to them not wanting to deal with the average customer complaining about forgetting passwords.

Good lookout on the video though because I need to reevaluate my phone's security

edit: what's the best password manager on iOS?

Last edited:

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
I guarantee you this negligence by Apple is due to them not wanting to deal with the average customer complaining about forgetting passwords.

Good lookout on the video though because I need to reevaluate my phone's security

edit: what's the best password manager on iOS?
it's not specific to iOS, but I've been using 1password across my devices (droid phone, pc, tablet, etc) for about 3ish years w/o any issues.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
This happened to me last Saturday. I got my fukking phone stolen while I was outside in front of a store in the Dominican Republic.

The thief was on a bike and just snatched it out of my hand. They locked me out of Google and Hotmail the next day. I had an opportunity to lock the device/wipe it remotely but didn't because I was about to negotiate and try to get the dude to come back with it for $100 with the help of another spanish speaking Haitian breh. The thief actually never came as he probably felt it was a setup. I swear I'd pay to get this dumb nikka life ruined if I had the opportunity.

Now the fukker reset my AppleID password last night while my MSN email was still locked out from me. shyt stressed me out man nikka almost stole money out my bank accounts and crypto accounts.

:beli:
They guessed your code?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
They guessed your code?
Usually they stalk you and see you put in the code.

I almost never enter my code because Face ID works flawlessly on the 14 Pro and when that fails my Apple Watch will unlock my phone. Once the Apple Watch is removed from your wrist it no longer unlocks the phone.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis

I almost never enter my code because Face ID works flawlessly on the 14 Pro and when that fails my Apple Watch will unlock my phone. Once the Apple Watch is removed from your wrist it no longer unlocks the phone.

Yeah I have the 14 pro max and I only use Face ID. Every now and then it asks for the code, I’m guessing after an update or the phone died. I didn’t know apple let you do alphanumeric :patrice: just found that out after looking over the links posted here.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They guessed your code?

They had to have guessed it because there wasn't anyone around me when it got snatched. The phone was unlocked in my hand. My passcode was if I remember correctly something simple like birthday so they must've used that to get back into the phone.

They already accessed my banking info and I had to close/freeze my account and open a new one. They sent $1009 using Xoom out to someone in Chile smh. I have to see if the bank can credit me back the $1009 since my account is currently overdraft and I don't want to add money to it to bring it positive.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan