APPLE WWDC THREAD 2022

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps
Breh don’t say this. Literally just pulled the trigger on a new iPad Pro lol.
I wanted the current model so bad but I got scared the next one would either have. Touch ID under the display or on the back. Or the camera would finally be moved to the side. Other than that you still go the best one

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Well...sideloading, split view, window management, multiple audio streams playing at once, weather app, alarm (macos), AOD, effecient ram management, etc. Just a ton of other features that android users have enjoyed for years. The power is there, but Apple continues to not take advantage of it. Very frustrating.
  • You likely won't see much more window management than whats in iPad OS right now, barring some major paradigm shift on the dev side.
  • Multiple audio streams isnt something they have trouble with; rather, for some reason, just choose not to implement it on iOS. Likely due to the limited multitasking model they employ for mobile device, as Core Audio is certainly more than capable of it.
  • Weather app?
  • Meh on AOD, but to each their own
  • Efficient RAM management? You mean manual RAM management?
Been putting off buying an iPad for a while. Would love a new pro model
I have a 2018 model that I've irrationally been itching to uprgade. The M1 in this Macbook is so damned fast that I want one in my iPad as well, but at this point its still unnecessary to have that much in the iPad with how gimped iOS is compared to MacOS. Too many workflow workarounds are needed for that thing to be a proper producing device. But, I'd still upgrade if the next one has a mini LED display..

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
If a new iPad pro isn’t announced then I’ll order last years model as soon as the conference closes.
Same
Leaks aren’t looking good for us though
It says new MacBook Air and nothing else
But I don’t believe it

Knuckles Red

<3<3<3
Daps
I’d love a purple/lavender M2 MacBook Air. It’d be hard to resist purchasing one. We’ll see, I guess.

Knuckles Red

<3<3<3
Daps

Apple Aiming to Make iPad More Mac-Like With iPadOS 16 Multitasking Changes​

iPadOS 16 will feature a redesigned multitasking interface that makes it easier to swap between tasks and see which apps are open, plus it will allow users to resize windows. Apple plans to implement new ways for users to deal with multiple apps at once, in what sounds like a much more Mac-like multitasking experience.

The new iPadOS 16 experience will premiere on Monday, June 6, with Apple previewing the software for developers. Developers will get beta access that same day, and Apple will refine the iPadOS 16 software over the course of several months before launching it in the fall alongside iOS 16.

Source: Apple Aiming to Make iPad More Mac-Like With iPadOS 16 Multitasking Changes

I wonder how the iPad mini will handle iPadOS 16’s new features. Or if these new features will be limited to only the M1 iPads. I guess we’ll see soon enough...

Knuckles Red

<3<3<3
Daps

Gurman: MacBook Air Not Expected to Come in a Range of iMac-Like Colors​

Reports of multiple color options are likely "exaggerated," according to Gurman, who says he is not expecting much more than the typical MacBook Air colors, but the gold color could be more of a champagne. He also says that it will be available in his "favorite iMac color," a shade of blue.

Rumors have indicated that the MacBook Air will feature off-white bezels and an off-white keyboard, drawing similarities to the 24-inch iMac and fueling expectations of a wider range of colors. Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo in March said the next MacBook Air would feature "more color options" but he did not provide specific details, and there have been no concrete rumors on color options.

The upcoming MacBook Air is expected to feature a redesigned chassis that's similar to the MacBook Pro, doing away with the tapered design. It is not yet clear if it will have a notch, but it seems to be a possibility.

Source: Gurman: MacBook Air Not Expected to Come in a Range of iMac-Like Colors

:scust:@ those boring colors. I need a purple MBA!!!

humminbird

Veteran
Daps

Gurman: MacBook Air Not Expected to Come in a Range of iMac-Like Colors​

Reports of multiple color options are likely "exaggerated," according to Gurman, who says he is not expecting much more than the typical MacBook Air colors, but the gold color could be more of a champagne. He also says that it will be available in his "favorite iMac color," a shade of blue.

Rumors have indicated that the MacBook Air will feature off-white bezels and an off-white keyboard, drawing similarities to the 24-inch iMac and fueling expectations of a wider range of colors. Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo in March said the next MacBook Air would feature "more color options" but he did not provide specific details, and there have been no concrete rumors on color options.

The upcoming MacBook Air is expected to feature a redesigned chassis that's similar to the MacBook Pro, doing away with the tapered design. It is not yet clear if it will have a notch, but it seems to be a possibility.

Source: Gurman: MacBook Air Not Expected to Come in a Range of iMac-Like Colors

:scust:@ those boring colors. I need a purple MBA!!!

you really wanted a purple one?

humminbird

Veteran
Daps

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps
I know they just had one but I’d be interested in seeing another studio display. Or at least a price adjustment on the current one.

Knuckles Red

<3<3<3
Daps
The store has gone down. Apparently this only happens when new products are about to be announced!!!

wwdc-2022-store-down.jpg

“Rumors have suggested that Apple could unveil the new 2022 MacBook Air at WWDC, with the device expected to feature a redesigned chassis that's more MacBook-like with no taper, several new iMac-like color options, white bezels, a white keyboard, and possibly, a faster M2 chip.”

Source: Apple's Online Store Down Ahead of WWDC Keynote Event