Apple WWDC 21 Thread - June 7 @ 1PM ET

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Anyone think that with this Facetime move that we're getting closer to iMessage being a universal messaging system across various operating systems?
:lupe:

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
Anyone think that with this Facetime move that we're getting closer to iMessage being a universal messaging system across various operating systems?
:lupe:
If that happens it’ll probably be the web only interface like facetime. Right or wrong people do hate getting “green texts”, and internal apple docs admitted during the epic lawsuit that imessage was critical for the ecosystem

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If that happens it’ll probably be the web only interface like facetime. Right or wrong people do hate getting “green texts”, and internal apple docs admitted during the epic lawsuit that imessage was critical for the ecosystem
Yeah, I don’t see them making it a stand-alone app. If they do I think there’s some people that would go back to Android.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, I don’t see them making it a stand-alone app. If they do I think there’s some people that would go back to Android.
Hmmm, interesting.
I use it with my Macbook from time to time, but if there was a standalone app, I ain't gonna lie, I'd use it on my Pixel device as my main messenger. Google's always releasing new messaging apps and neutering/killing off existing ones completely fragmented their user base. The current Messages app isn't better than Hangouts was and it can only be accessed after you link it to your browser each time you use it on the web. :smh: