Apple Brehs...Convert me

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
Breh I played a YouTube mix in the Apple section on a Macbook pro and that shyt KNOCKED:damn:. I don't know what wizardry they used for those speakers but holy hell:banderas:.

I just never messed with them due to my hardheaded PC ways, but the shytshow with Windows 11 and the constant issues I had with my laptop and my previous built, I just had enough of the bullshyt and need something stable:camby:
Even on the macbook airs, the sound is still great.

I got an old 2011 as my workhorse and this shyt is still fast as hell. I don't even shutdown the machine, I'll be logged in for like 3 months straight no lag or stuttering.

I prefer the older models because you can play with the internals a bit more, but even when I had my 11" air it was still snappy.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Even on the macbook airs, the sound is still great.

I got an old 2011 as my workhorse and this shyt is still fast as hell. I don't even shutdown the machine, I'll be logged in for like 3 months straight no lag or stuttering.

I prefer the older models because you can play with the internals a bit more, but even when I had my 11" air it was still snappy.

Yeah I heard about the lack of upgrading on the new Macs which is bullshyt. The OG builds always caught my eye.

I remember having this customer who was a DJ bragged about his old macbook being the shyt due to it having a SSD, more ram, and etc. He also said that it was faster than the new Macs which blew my mind at the time.

I don't know how that statement suits with the M1 builds, but I take his word on it because those machines were godly even to a pro PC Koalabreh like myself.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I just want something to help with my process of being a writer. No lie I've grown tired of how Microsoft keeps screwing up Windows (especially Windows 11). Gaming is whatever since I lately been on a light gaming steez (Rimworld, Stardew Valley, WOW, etc). The main thing is focusing on productivity and just being accustomed to the OS itself.

• Which Macbook you have (Pro or Air)
  • Will my Android be somewhat feasible to the ecosystem for just quick ideas (or I need to have Iphone and etc)
  • Does it really make a difference of what Macbook you have? (Bullet 1)

Entice me so I can join the darkside:
tenor.gif
I've had a MBP since 2014 and always had an Android phone. It's definitely easier to transfer stuff if you have a microSD card in your phone but AirDroid also works fine for file transfer. What's the extent of the connectivity you want?

Jblaze204

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uptown NY
OP my 15" late 2011 macbook pro still works and i still use it from time to time. I upgraded the ram and put an SSD drive and it gets hot but still runs like a champ in 2021. I've probably owned 3 windows laptops and none made it past 2 years.

desktop definitely go for a pc but get the macbook pro. its expensive but its an investment. with game pass and other things like remote play (PS) i don't see why it couldn't be used as a gaming laptop but windows will always reign supreme for gaming

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
With Apple you're paying (way too much) mainly to be in the club.

If you want to get shyt done and be smart with your money, PC.

If you want to fit it and look cool, and don't care about bang for your buck, buy Apple.

I'm on an almost decade old HP Powerbook. I'm about to replace the battery for the second time (30 dollars), and I put an SSD in it. Still going strong. Make a clone image of your OS and must have programs, so if this alleged slowdown ever happens (mine after the SSD runs like new), be back to fresh in 10 minutes.

Then there's upgradability, customization, being able to get larger sizes, all for less money...

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
Yeah I heard about the lack of upgrading on the new Macs which is bullshyt. The OG builds always caught my eye.

I remember having this customer who was a DJ bragged about his old macbook being the shyt due to it having a SSD, more ram, and etc. He also said that it was faster than the new Macs which blew my mind at the time.

I don't know how that statement suits with the M1 builds, but I take his word on it because those machines were godly even to a pro PC Koalabreh like myself.
M1 is just more efficient. That's why he more powerful models still use Intel processors. One of the reasons I still stick to the older models.

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
In your use case for writing, just get the M1 Air. There's usually student discounts (don't need to prove your a student). You don't need a M1 Pro since the internals are virtually the same. Or you can wait a couple of weeks until they have another event where they're going to reveal the M1X chip for the higher end Pros and you can see what the M1X might do for gaming.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I've had a MBP since 2014 and always had an Android phone. It's definitely easier to transfer stuff if you have a microSD card in your phone but AirDroid also works fine for file transfer. What's the extent of the connectivity you want?

When I usually get inspired and want to quicky throw out ideas, I would want to throw that down on my laptop asap. I hated the fact that all of my ideas would slip away the moment I get home.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
So I been a PC head since 8 years old. I never felt the urge of copping a Macbook or anything Apple'ish. Hell, the only thing I had that was Apple related was a IPod Touch.

Now here's the dilemma, I sold my Lenovo laptop since its been on the fritz and the struggle is on my neck.

I been thinking about copping a Macbook due to me trying to get deep into writing and creativity, but I need to know the following:

• Why Macbook over PC (in your own perspective).
  • Gaming wise, how will I suffice (I am willing to sacrifice on the level of MMOs and etc)
  • Pro vs Air
  • Etc
Bottom line, turn me to the darkside:demonic:
Their computers or tablets..macbooks? I could definitely use them but I don't really want to get too involved in the apple set up..

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
With Apple you're paying (way too much) mainly to be in the club.

If you want to get shyt done and be smart with your money, PC.

If you want to fit it and look cool, and don't care about bang for your buck, buy Apple.

I'm on an almost decade old HP Powerbook. I'm about to replace the battery for the second time (30 dollars), and I put an SSD in it. Still going strong. Make a clone image of your OS and must have programs, so if this alleged slowdown ever happens (mine after the SSD runs like new), be back to fresh in 10 minutes.

Then there's upgradability, customization, being able to get larger sizes, all for less money...

Touche' but I think I'm over the PC race. While, Apple seems like the "club", there's no denying them machines withstand the test of time especially if you have future proof specs. I'm just tired of the rat race breh.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This has been kinda botherin me for awhile but pc doesnt mean windows. PC means personal computer which ranges from shyt like a Commodore 64 to an Apple II to an old laptop runnin a linux distro to a IBM runnin ms dos.

Apple wanted to stand out n did some oddball marketing n say we aint a pc, we mac. N then Microsoft played along n said we pc. I kinda hate that this marketing bullshyt stuck.

But ya, pc is any personal computer. A chromebook by definition is a PC.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
This has been kinda botherin me for awhile but pc doesnt mean windows. PC means personal computer which ranges from shyt like a Commodore 64 to an Apple II to an old laptop runnin a linux distro to a IBM runnin ms dos.

Apple wanted to stand out n did some oddball marketing n say we aint a pc, we mac. N then Microsoft played along n said we pc. I kinda hate that this marketing bullshyt stuck.

But ya, pc is any personal computer. A chromebook by definition is a PC.

Yeah the idea PC= Windows always been weird, but most people in the IT field end up doing it anyway:mjlol:. Even when I was a computer consultant, it was always PC/Mac, when in reality PC= entire department. Yet, we still didn't give a shyt from Computers to Geek Squad:francis:.