Apple Brehs...Convert me

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
So I been a PC head since 8 years old. I never felt the urge of copping a Macbook or anything Apple'ish. Hell, the only thing I had that was Apple related was a IPod Touch.

Now here's the dilemma, I sold my Lenovo laptop since its been on the fritz and the struggle is on my neck.

I been thinking about copping a Macbook due to me trying to get deep into writing and creativity, but I need to know the following:

• Why Macbook over PC (in your own perspective).
  • Gaming wise, how will I suffice (I am willing to sacrifice on the level of MMOs and etc)
  • Pro vs Air
  • Etc
Bottom line, turn me to the darkside:demonic:

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
I’d only buy a MacBook over a PC if you can afford it. The top of the line Mac computers cost way more than top of the line PCs. I mainly like my MacBook because I have Apple everything (watch, phone, iPad). I don’t game on my MacBook but you can connect your controllers via Bluetooth, which comes in handy with cloud gaming or mobile gaming (mobile 2k is awesome)

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I’d only buy a MacBook over a PC if you can afford it. The top of the line Mac computers cost way more than top of the line PCs. I mainly like my MacBook because I have Apple everything (watch, phone, iPad). I don’t game on my MacBook but you can connect your controllers via Bluetooth, which comes in handy with cloud gaming or mobile gaming (mobile 2k is awesome)

I just want something to help with my process of being a writer. No lie I've grown tired of how Microsoft keeps screwing up Windows (especially Windows 11). Gaming is whatever since I lately been on a light gaming steez (Rimworld, Stardew Valley, WOW, etc). The main thing is focusing on productivity and just being accustomed to the OS itself.

• Which Macbook you have (Pro or Air)
  • Will my Android be somewhat feasible to the ecosystem for just quick ideas (or I need to have Iphone and etc)
  • Does it really make a difference of what Macbook you have? (Bullet 1)

Entice me so I can join the darkside:
tenor.gif

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
I just want something to help with my process of being a writer. No lie I've grown tired of how Microsoft keeps screwing up Windows (especially Windows 11). Gaming is whatever since I lately been on a light gaming steez (Rimworld, Stardew Valley, WOW, etc). The main thing is focusing on productivity and just being accustomed to the OS itself.

• Which Macbook you have (Pro or Air)
  • Will my Android be somewhat feasible to the ecosystem for just quick ideas (or I need to have Iphone and etc)
  • Does it really make a difference of what Macbook you have? (Bullet 1)

Entice me so I can join the darkside:
tenor.gif
I have the MacBook Pro. Either 2019 or 2020 I don’t remember.

I think you’d be better off having an iPhone if you’re going to have a MacBook.

it really depends on what you plan to do. If you’re going to have a heavy workload (digital editing) then you’re gonna need the higher end options which are mad expensive. My MBP cost like $1500

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I have yet to have anyone give me a legitimate reason why Apple products are superior.
When iPhone was the only smartphone? Okay.
But now?

When I worked for Best Buy, I would break it down to security and ecosystem vs freedom and longevity.

Now Macbook vs PC it was literally Apples and Oranges with my pitches.

Me, I just want to try something new as I know what to expect from Apple, but feeling the entire system is another story since I always been PC for decades.

In the long run its literally all about convenience.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Gaming weak as fukk. Really my only complaint.

Like I said, gaming is whatever since I can always build a micro ATX machine once scalpers stop eating a dikk. I just need something for productivity and maybe some low gaming. Nothing too extreme on some Alienware shyt.

Just Rimworld, WOW, FF14, and etc.

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
Only thing PC has over Mac is productivity. If you need to use MSOffice daily, stick with PC.
Also, Apple doesn't make 17" laptops anymore, which sucks because the extra space is sometimes needed for multitasking.
I don't game so I can't comment on that.

Outside of those 3 things, Macbooks shyt on Windows.

The trackpad on a Macbook is 100x better, build is all metal, battery life is durable as fukk, speakers are better, the OS is always stable and doesnt get slow over the years, they hold their value, can last forever depending on the specs, no extra software needed or bloatware from the manufacture, and access to free OS updates.

I use to buy new macs, but now I understand them, so I just buy used maxed out macbooks on ebay now.

As long as you get something with maxed out ram and a maxed processor, that thing will never fade or slowdown.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
I'm probably already echoing everything that's been said here and elsewhere. It comes down to how impressed you are with little shyt like taking a photo and having it sync to all your devices, having your texts available everywhere etc. All this Apple shyt is pedestrian and never revolutionary but it...just works. If you game on PC it's a non-starter.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Only thing PC has over Mac is productivity. If you need to use MSOffice daily, stick with PC.
Also, Apple doesn't make 17" laptops anymore, which sucks because the extra space is sometimes needed for multitasking.
I don't game so I can't comment on that.

Outside of those 3 things, Macbooks shyt on Windows.

The trackpad on a Macbook is 100x better, build is all metal, battery life is durable as fukk, speakers are better, the OS is always stable and doesnt get slow over the years, they hold their value, can last forever depending on the specs, no extra software needed or bloatware from the manufacture, and access to free OS updates.

I use to buy new macs, but now I understand them, so I just buy used maxed out macbooks on ebay now.

As long as you get something with maxed out ram and a maxed processor, that thing will never fade or slowdown.

Breh I played a YouTube mix in the Apple section on a Macbook pro and that shyt KNOCKED:damn:. I don't know what wizardry they used for those speakers but holy hell:banderas:.

I just never messed with them due to my hardheaded PC ways, but the shytshow with Windows 11 and the constant issues I had with my laptop and my previous built, I just had enough of the bullshyt and need something stable:camby:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I'm probably already echoing everything that's been said here and elsewhere. It comes down to how impressed you are with little shyt like taking a photo and having it sync to all your devices, having your texts available everywhere etc. All this Apple shyt is pedestrian and never revolutionary but it...just works. If you game on PC it's a non-starter.

The idea of syncing my ideas on the fly seems revolutionary. I tried it with various apps for the PC and my Chromebook but something about how the ecosystem for Apple just hits entirely different.