Apparently Sway had the answers

Solomon Lurke

My Boys Dey Be Lurkin...
Daps
Reppin
The Shadows
Imagine of he took that advice 10 years ago..
As vocal as I have been on this forum about not messing with his c00nery of late and people always giving him passes. I will say now is the best time as ever to go Independent. I think if he did it back then he wouldn’t have reached these heights. He was definitely able to use all these brains to help elevate his power. If he is able to get from under them now he will definitely be an independent force.

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Just penned this off intuition to serve as testimony in case it happens:

They'll kill him before they let him set the example of being able to go undependent because then the industry dies of thirst as it can't get its beak wet. Why build a career and not profit via controlling interests? Either he'll acquiesce as they cut a check and keep doing business or he'll end up Sam Cooked.

Dolo is not an option. Someone somewhere will be profiting off him and his creation because that is the very nature of the System you're within.

Cereal_Bowl_Assassin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
20220922-152159.jpg

:yeshrug:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
it just hit me how much Kanye in interviews reminds me of 80s era Marvin Gaye in interviews.

edit: watch this statement wind up being a social media talking point some kinda way.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
It’s funny...but highly inaccurate.

Kanye at that time was in massive debt. Turned that into being a billionaire in record time. That doesn’t happen without Addidas or at least an angel investor, which for all intents and purposes is the same thing.

Everything he told Sway was spot on, specifically ‘I don’t have the infrastructure’. Even his anger was justified and validated considering Sway really tried to compare his No-name skull cap brand to what Kanye had in mind

Only nggas seem to be obsessed with 100% ownership with no help—-even at the expense of a larger scope. That’s why I don’t like this messaging. Like let Sway tell it—- or Dame Dash—- you’re better off owning 100% of an obscure product rather than having 50, or 60, 70% of a global conglomerate.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

Kanye at that time was in massive debt. Turned that into being a billionaire in record time. That doesn’t happen without Addidas or at least an angel investor, which for all intents and purposes is the same thing.

Everything he told Sway was spot on, specifically ‘I don’t have the infrastructure’. Even his anger was justified and validated considering Sway really tried to compare his No-name skull cap brand to what Kanye had in mind

Only nggas seem to be obsessed with 100% ownership with no help—-even at the expense of a larger scope. That’s why I don’t like this messaging. Like let Sway tell it—- or Dame Dash—- you’re better off owning 100% of an obscure product rather than having 50, or 60, 70% of a global conglomerate.
Exactly

He can only do this now because of how the partnerships fed him over the last five yrs

Its still funny though

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
So many of us were saying this from the hop!

but NOOOO Kanye was in love with white folks approval and wanted badly to be in bed with them.

He learned the hard way.

BlackCinema

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS

Spot on. Classic nikka mentality.

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps

Not buying this

Tell me exactly why Kanye could not have did what Virgil did with Pyrex Vision and OFF/WHITE?

He had much more resources than Virgil, and Virgil built HIMSELF up to the point LV was knocking on his door.

there are benefits to signing with a Major brand but Kanye didn't NEED Adidas or Gap.