AOCs nyc immigration conference today was hilarious

DonB90

Superstar
Daps

Even as Mayor Eric Adams is forcing city budget cuts he says are necessitated by the cost of aiding migrants, his administration is spending billions of dollars off its books — much of it on companies with extensive histories of complaints over their practices.

Adams handed much of his migrant aid program to the city Health & Hospitals Corporation (HHC), a quasi-government agency that is not subject to the oversight of the city’s fiscal watchdog.

Comptroller Brad Lander recently made headlines when he refused to sign off on a $432 million city contract with DocGo, which provides shelter and services for migrants, citing irregularities and omissions in its paper trail. The contract was made through the city’s Department of Housing Preservation and Development, which falls under the comptroller’s oversight authority.

Lander also flagged the company’s lack of experience in housing and social services as well as its business practices, writing: “Every vendor awarded a City contract must be found to have the requisite business integrity to justify the award of public dollars.”

But meanwhile, the comptroller has tried unsuccessfully to obtain documents or details on what are now at least 38 Health & Hospitals migrant-related contracts, costing taxpayers more than $2.1 billion. Adams has said that the cost to the city of aiding migrants could amount to $4 billion per year.

American taxpayers continue to be the biggest collective licks in the world :mjlol:

RhodyRum

Mark Gassed-A-Heaux
Daps
Reppin
The Great Green North
We get it you dont like immigrants and create fake straw men

Is it REALLY that hard to type the word "illegal" in between "like" and "immigrants" so that you yourself don't create a strawman when trying to call out others for the same thing?

Oh I forgot you're one of the shills that has to ride along with your chosen party's platform, so if that means you have to use misleading language and disingenous ploys to make it seem like your team is never wrong, then so be it, I guess. :stopitslime:

@CouldntBeMeTho you see how people love to argue along tangents that they have to manipulate to to the point where it becomes an outright lie?

Last edited:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Is is REALLY that hard to type the word "illegal" in between "like" and "immigrants" so that you yourself don't create a strawman when trying to call out others for the same thing?

Oh I forgot you're one of the shills that has to ride along with your chosen party's platform, so if that means you have to use misleading language and disingenous ploys to make it seem like you're team is never wrong, then so be it, I guess. :stopitslime:

@CouldntBeMeTho you see how people love to argue along tangents that they have to manipulate to to the point where it becomes an outright lie?

RhodyRum

Mark Gassed-A-Heaux
Daps
Reppin
The Great Green North

I just hope you didn't post this in some effort to edify what I said (and will continue to say) and moreso posted it so we can both laugh at all this bullshıt political correctness together. If you tried to rebuke me, you failed badly. :mjlol:

Last I checked, if it ain't done legally, then it's illegal. If you choose to become an immigrant, and you stay in your adopted country without going through the legal means towards migration, then you are, by definition, and illegal immigrant. Sounds logical to me. :obama:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
This crisis isn't going to just go away. Texas is going to keep shipping them there. A couple years if this and things will ansolutely reach a breaking point.

They need to get out ahead of this catastrophe somehow. But they'll keep doubling down
The only thing EVERYONE cares about is taxes, the moment the NYC resident tax goes up, it will get really ugly for all of them...

$21,601-$45,000 currently gets taxed at %3.76...This is an extra income tax everyone who lives in the 5 boroughs has to pay in addition to state taxes...

This will HAVE to go up closer to %6 if Adams claim of 10,000 illegals a week are being bussed to city...

The city has to be funded, he doesn't have a choice, it has to happen...