AOC tells DCCC fundraising coalition to go f-ck itself

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
AOC riles Dems by refusing to pay party dues, bankrolling colleagues' opponents

EXCLUSIVE: Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has already topped the fundraising charts in her short time in Congress, but the liberal darling won’t donate a cent of her millions to Democrats' House campaign organization -- a position that has rankled some of her colleagues, Fox News has learned.

Instead, Ocasio-Cortez is building her own fundraising operation for fellow progressive candidates to bypass the official Democratic Party infrastructure. Already, she's actively funding primary challengers to oust certain Democratic colleagues. :banderas:

“Sometimes the question comes: 'Do you want to be in a majority or do you want to be in the minority?'” Rep. Gregory Meeks, D-N.Y., told Fox News, when asked about AOC's stance. “And do you want to be part of a team?" :mjcry:

Rep. Meeks suggested that not paying DCCC dues and actively trying to oust certain Democratic colleagues shows a lack of respect for the party and fellow reps who have to answer to constituents more conservative than her Bronx and Queens base. :scusthov:

Their gripe is that Ocasio-Cortez hasn’t given any money to the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, the party arm with the sole job of electing Democrats to the House. Records obtained by Fox News show the New York Democrat has failed to pay any of her $250,000 in “dues” to the DCCC. :laff:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Can paying party dues be compared to paying union dues?

If so, there seems to be a hypocrisy here.
Funny thing is the DCCC picks and chooses candidates in the primary process. Those candidates they pick are judged on raising money.

Progressive challengers or even moderate candidates not rubber stamped by DCCC and the likes of Steny Hoyer start at a disadvantage.

AOC isn’t in Congress because of the DCCC.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
my dads a teacher, and he said he quit the teachers union :ehh: bought his own insurance policy instead
Well, that's my point. I'm generally not in favor of union busting, especially if the model for it is being put forth by the poster child of progressivism.

But, I'm probably reading too much into it.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Can paying party dues be compared to paying union dues?

If so, there seems to be a hypocrisy here.
Not really

Unions are designed to unite workers to collectively bargain better work arrangements and compensation from their employers.

The DCCC does not operate that way. The only point of the DCCC is to campaign and they don’t let everyone in on that club. They didn’t let AOC into that club.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It really sucks that people like AOC have to be in the same party as people like Nancy Pelosi. We really should have mor parties in this country.
i feel like we're almost at the point where 3 parties is a completely feasible possibility :ehh:

the Republicans can be the far right, jesus freak racists and the Democrats can be the far left, open border, 40-gender communists. the rest of us can have a Centrist party

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Funny thing is the DCCC picks and chooses candidates in the primary process. Those candidates they pick are judged on raising money.

Progressive challengers or even moderate candidates not rubber stamped by DCCC and the likes of Steny Hoyer start at a disadvantage.

AOC isn’t in Congress because of the DCCC.
Not only that isn't the DCCC blackballing consultants who work with primary candidates trying to beat Dem incumbents?
AOC is getting her Frank White on! She just walked into the backroom poker game and shot a rival dead and the slugged a few more times for effect. :damn:
I think I'm in love. :mjcry:

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
She built different :wow: I don’t see how this is comparable to not paying union dues. What protections does she receive from the DCCC? They aren’t a bunch of workers leveraging their power against a corporation, they are the corporation, they are the establishment. The establishment has been against AOC from the start so fukk em she doesn’t need them & she probably doesn’t want her money going towards the DCCC choosing boot licking neoliberals