Anything more unattractive than when a woman raps lyrics?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
To me, it’s a bit of “respectability politics” (and I hate that term). It isn’t considered ladylike, so many won’t do it around certain brothas.

But if your man is an actual fan of the art form he will probably appreciate you knowing and reciting it. I’ve had an ex who loved it, and definitely had an ex who would look at me like I'm crazy if I were too into it. 🤷🏾‍♀️
I’m a fan of rap, this sounds ridiculous to be at a party, in the car, at home, at a concert and looking straight ahead afraid to rap with the song because reasons…like I have never lost a dude’s interest for rapping, this is weird.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
I’m a fan of rap, this sounds ridiculous to be at a party, in the car, at home, at a concert and looking straight ahead afraid to rap with the song because reasons…like I have never lost a dude’s interest for rapping, this is weird.
I feel you. It’s definitely a thing amongst some…I’ll say that

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
You know- I’ll say this. A lot of rap contains profanity, and cursing isn’t “ladylike”. Now, I’ve admitted that curse with no qualms (in certain casual settings, of course). So if a woman is reciting lyrics and cursing, yea I can see why it would be off putting if you’re from a background where you aren’t accustomed to women cursing.

But for me- that leads back to the issue being what is produced by artists/the industry.

Why are we promoting listening to, and expecting women to SUPPORT these artists if there is an issue with women openly appreciating it?
Dudes never want to answer that. Why promote something you don’t want any women around you to fully enjoy??

StackorStarve

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Lol @ not rapping around guys. What stick in the mud loser nikkas y’all be with. Never met a guy who ain’t have fun with us both wilding out rapping lyrics to a hype song. Swear this some online ass shyt
These weirdos don’t even believe half the stuff they say on here. Talking bout she could be bad as fukk but as soon as I saw her rap a Future lyric that everybody knows I don’t even want to smash anymore 😂 foh

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
You know- I’ll say this. A lot of rap contains profanity, and cursing isn’t “ladylike”. Now, I’ve admitted that curse with no qualms (in certain casual settings, of course). So if a woman is reciting lyrics and cursing, yea I can see why it would be off putting if you’re from a background where you aren’t accustomed to women cursing.

But for me- that leads back to the issue being what is produced by artists/the industry.

Why are we promoting listening to, and expecting women to SUPPORT these artists if there is an issue with women openly appreciating it?
Dudes never want to answer that. Why promote something you don’t want any women around you to fully enjoy??
R&B is full of curse words and profanity also, is singing unladylike also?. If you’re being judged by reciting songs vs how you actually act as a person, you need to reevaluate who you’re spending time with.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
R&B is full of curse words and profanity also, is singing unladylike also?. If you’re being judged by reciting songs vs how you actually act as a person, you need to reevaluate who you’re spending time with.
Besides the struggle singing, that's why I have a hard time listening to modern R&B. Sometimes I'm okay with it but other times Im like :beli:

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
Lol @ not rapping around guys. What stick in the mud loser nikkas y’all be with. Never met a guy who ain’t have fun with us both wilding out rapping lyrics to a hype song. Swear this some online ass shyt
Love when my wife raps my 90s 2000s music with me

And she knows the b cuts

Word for word can sing lox go head

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
Garbage in, garbage out.

Bad enough if I have to put up with posturing and stannery from other fellas. Ain't nobody tryna see that outta their women, I don't care who you are. Ma'am I just saw you last weekend toasted off your noggin from endless brunch mimosas, stop tryna pose like you helped Jay recoup that 92 bricks money.

Actual hood women don't act like the fellas, so cut it out.