Anyone watching "Industry" on HBO?

Daps
Very strong episode to kick off season 2 IMO. As a former consultant, this is very relatable as it does a great job depicting the anxiety, expectations and hostile environment of these type of jobs.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Very strong episode to kick off season 2 IMO. As a former consultant, this is very relatable as it does a great job depicting the anxiety, expectations and hostile environment of these type of jobs.
I hope that Harper gets over her covid anxiety pretty quickly

Daps
I hope that Harper gets over her covid anxiety pretty quickly
I think she will based on how they left things off at the end of the episode. Her manager Eric basically told her “I hired a killa, and you ain’t a killa no more”. Well she knifed him in the back by not showing up to their client meeting and instead went hunting for a much bigger fish.

Harper’s raw talent shyts on everyone else’s at the firm. When she’s determined and in the right mind frame, nobody fukking with her. The other side of the coin, which Eric will probably be reminded of shortly, is that when she’s in that mode, she’s not afraid to leave behind a lot of collateral damage.

daemonova

Daps
I think she will based on how they left things off at the end of the episode. Her manager Eric basically told her “I hired a killa, and you ain’t a killa no more”. Well she knifed him in the back by not showing up to their client meeting and instead went hunting for a much bigger fish.

Harper’s raw talent shyts on everyone else’s at the firm. When she’s determined and in the right mind frame, nobody fukking with her. The other side of the coin, which Eric will probably be reminded of shortly, is that when she’s in that mode, she’s not afraid to leave behind a lot of collateral damage.
We'll see what Jazmin will do now that she can't rely on nepotism anymore, just hotness

Daps
We'll see what Jazmin will do now that she can't rely on nepotism anymore, just hotness
Yeah she’s bad but IB still isn’t for her. She consistently makes a fool of herself. She started to feel herself and tried to haze the new intern like she was but the new girl shut that shyt down and reminded her she still dumb 😂. That plus thinking the PW MD was a lady of the night 😂. If she didn’t come from money or was black, they would have been reassigned her to the retail banking division or something 😂

Last edited:
Daps
I don’t know how to take the Harper arc. It seems they’re saying she had been lining up Bloom for a while, but was it luck that he just happened to be staying at the same 4 star hotel as her? She been there for a year; he came to London 6 months ago.

Unless she been out the office for a year but only moved into that hotel after she (somehow) got wind that Bloom was staying there. :patrice:

Was also clunky having her coworkers act like he’s so hard to track down when he was doing a full fledge public event. :dead:

Enjoyed the season premiere. Thinking I’ll like this season more than first which I thought was just meh

daemonova

Daps
I don’t know how to take the Harper arc. It seems they’re saying she had been lining up Bloom for a while, but was it luck that he just happened to be staying at the same 4 star hotel as her? She been there for a year; he came to London 6 months ago.

Unless she been out the office for a year but only moved into that hotel after she (somehow) got wind that Bloom was staying there. :patrice:

Was also clunky having her coworkers act like he’s so hard to track down when he was doing a full fledge public event. :dead:

Enjoyed the season premiere. Thinking I’ll like this season more than first which I thought was just meh
Harper not saying anything is the only smart decision she made this episode.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I've been watching the show since the beginning, didn't think there would be a thread lmao. Working in finance it definitely feels like it's as accurate as you'll get on television

S1 premier was really good. No time wasted, got multiple balls rolling at the same time. I agree the ending suggests Harper is "back" back. Dunno how this plays out, dude doesn't seem interested in the game she's selling based on principle, not the personal of whether he likes her or not.

On one hand Rob is like the quintessential brainless white dude who falls upward until he's suddenly in chart of shyt. And yet I still kind of fukk with breh.